USB Partition tool: help needed

Found 14th Apr
Hello

can someone please help, I was trying to Hackintosh a HP pc that I recently bought from here.

It came with Windows 10 installed.

As a result of failing to get Hackintosh working, I have lost ability to boot windows.
it only boots using clover into Hackintosh which doesn't work.

Can someone advise how can I get Windows back.

I have 1 Tb hdd on which windows was installed and since have also added a sad.

I think the partition where recovery is kept on the HDD is still there.

thanks for looking
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Download Windows 10 then install using key on pc. Your going to tell me you know this buts it's not what you want to do
wayners4 m ago

Download Windows 10 then install using key on pc. Your going to tell me …Download Windows 10 then install using key on pc. Your going to tell me you know this buts it's not what you want to do

Hi
Thanks. I can use an old netbook to download windows and make bootable USB, I think that's what you are suggesting.

Is that correct??

Any way which could avoid that and I could access the partition to do that, It's a HP PC .

At present it boots into clover only
I run Linux mint as my main os. Given up on windows however. Your problem. You can download Linux mint as an iso file. Select a burning program and burn iso (not burning as data or anything else) burn iso option. set your hp boot to dvd rom and start up. You will be running what's called a live cd/dvd of Linux mint from dvd rom, this is with no installation or any effect on hard drive. You will be able to look at files on hard drive and recover you windows files. If no dvd rom use USB stick live cd but you can't write to that one. You will need a second USB stick. Those in the know carry a live cd of Linux and run on pcs to remove a virus without actually starting the windows os. Clever and so simple. This may or may not work but that's as far as my knowledge goes.. Youtube will show you
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Apr
wayners7 m ago

I run Linux mint as my main os. Given up on windows however. Your problem. …I run Linux mint as my main os. Given up on windows however. Your problem. You can download Linux mint as an iso file. Select a burning program and burn iso (not burning as data or anything else) burn iso option. set your hp boot to dvd rom and start up. You will be running what's called a live cd/dvd of Linux mint from dvd rom, this is with no installation or any effect on hard drive. You will be able to look at files on hard drive and recover you windows files. If no dvd rom use USB stick live cd but you can't write to that one. You will need a second USB stick. Those in the know carry a live cd of Linux and run on pcs to remove a virus without actually starting the windows os. Clever and so simple. This may or may not work but that's as far as my knowledge goes.. Youtube will show you

Thanks for the help.

This PC does not have a DVD drive unfortunately.

The netbook obviously also does not have DVD drive as well.

Guess I have very few options left...
Use usb then
.Make a live USB stick. Boot from that. You won't be able to write to the live USB stick but you will be able to write files to a second USB stick.. Like said.. Watch youtube. This will not effect your hard drive in anyway. No installation. You will need a second pc to make the live USB stick..
or just go with a fresh download of Windows
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Apr
You should be able to use EasyBCD to restore the boot menu

neosmart.net/Eas…CD/
If the partition is there you should be able to boot into it but you don't sound like you're very techy so just do a fresh Win 10 on USB as others said. I recommend Rufus for making the USB bootable.
Thanks guys
rambobambo16 h, 35 m ago

HiThanks. I can use an old netbook to download windows and make bootable …HiThanks. I can use an old netbook to download windows and make bootable USB, I think that's what you are suggesting.Is that correct??Any way which could avoid that and I could access the partition to do that, It's a HP PC .At present it boots into clover only

Change the boot sequence and take the Apple HDD away
As others have said, try restoring the boot partition but if all else fails then just fresh install win10. It will auto activate no problem so long as it's been activated before. If it fails to activate you may have installed the wrong version e.g. Pro instead of Home it's not an issue just try the other one.
It's not the headache it used to be.
Great help thanks guys
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants