Groups

USB powered LED light strip, Panasonic TV

I have a Panasonic TX40CS520B which has a 5v USB port so I bought a 3m USB powered LED light strip that required a 5v USB port.

They work for a bit and then turn of, sometimes the lights stay on and become unresponsive, on the screen I get a "over current error has occurred" message.

I've previously tested these on a Samsung and toshiba tv and they worked fine, could cutting these down to about 2m sort the issue? Maybe even powering them with a USB charger?

Does anybody know why or what's the best solution for this? I know you can buy mains powered leds that are 13v but the reason I went for USB was to cut out the mains.

Here are my lights
    ebay.co.uk/itm…939

5 Comments

The TV is telling you that is not able to power them.Keep plugging them in and you will blow or burn out the panel.

Original Poster

alangraham

The TV is telling you that is not able to power them.Keep plugging them … The TV is telling you that is not able to power them.Keep plugging them in and you will blow or burn out the panel.

Do you know if a USB charger (like a iPhone charger) would be safe to power these?

A similar model, with the same 3 LED cutting positions, specifies the power as 4.8W per metre - so you need a 3A or higher USB adapter, and it is WAY beyond the capability of the TV USB port - a standard port only offers 2.5W of power.

alangraham

The TV is telling you that is not able to power them.Keep plugging them … The TV is telling you that is not able to power them.Keep plugging them in and you will blow or burn out the panel.

Oh puleeze!

Nonsense!

get a shorter strip, I use a 50cm one on my tv, works fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions