Found 8th Sep 2010
Hi

Does anyone know of a free/cheap way to password protect/encrypt the data sorted on my USB drive.

Also I will be using my pen mainly in internet cafe's and have heard there are programmes that can be executed from a removable drive which will remove any trace of me / my data on the computer.

Any help much appreciated.

Richard

1. Misc
  2. USB
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. USB
5 Comments

i cant remember what i used to do this, but try trucrypt? cant remember if thatll work tho

Original Poster

Thanks both

Heres something specificaly for a usb drive and was given away free a while back :

USB drive encryption
Wondershare USB Drive Encryption is cost-effective encryption tool designed to password protect USB devices for storing vital data. Its 256-bit AES encryption allows you to achieve military-level security with easy and affordable solution. With Wondershare USB Drive Encryption, you'll never worry about losing your vital data stored on USB storage media.
Key Features:
* Get the highest-level protection for your data through its US military-level 256-bit AES algorithm.
* Create a password protected and resizeable secure area for sensitive information.
* View encrypted data with password in any computer even without USB Drive Encryption installed.
* Hide your encrypted data by deleting the access to it to get more protection.
* Protect encrypted data from viruses under read-only mode.
* Support various USB devices, such as USB sticks, external hard drives, camera cards, and other portable storage media.
* Easy-to-use, no administrator privileges required.

try the wondershare site and see if it's still available .

Slightly off topic but any software that will automatically back the contents of the drive up when you insert it. Windows 7
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226656
    2. Xbox One X Console £385 (in-store) @ Interdiscount (Swiss-France borders)11
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769621
    4. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?711

See more discussions