Found 5th Jul 2009
Hello all,
I have a WD 250GB portable HDD I bought not so long a go but the USB connector inside has broken. I have removed the black casing to see that the small USB has come away but I see that this is connected to a small chip board.

Can I buy this connector seperatley? I'm pretty sure that is all that is needed to get it working again as the HDD looks fine. So just the part that connects the HDD to the USB is all im after. Anyone know where I could get one?

  1. Misc
  2. Sata
  3. USB

just buy another enclosure :thumbsup:

is it a 2.5" or 3.5"?

All you need is a new USB enclosure and put the hard drive in it and its fine.

Original Poster

I don't really want a new enclosure. I like my black finish!

Have a look at this pic here...…jpg

The small part which fits into the HDD is what I need, well just the green chip board part really.
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769669
    2. BrightHouse to pay £14.8 MILLION in compensation to 249,000 customers79
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…59122
    4. Xbox Code Giveaway - fastest finger first57

    See more discussions