Groups

USB stick for car

I pick up a 2014 Skoda Rapid next Monday, it has a USB port and 3.5 micro socket. I had hoped to be able to use my iPod classic in the USB port, but after a bit of research apparently it doesn't work with iPods. I am told it should work with a USB stick. But I can't find any info on what type of USB stick or the max GB to buy. All my music is in mp3 format, nothing from iTunes, so format should hopefully be OK. Have asked advice on several car forums but no help given. Any advice appreciated.

12 Comments

should take at least 8gb ? at a guess

I have a 2015 Fabia and I bought this one but 32gb amazon.co.uk/dp/…1XS

I like SanDisk Ultra Fit. They are tiny.

I use a 32gb in my i20.

Call Skoda customer service. They should be able to advise on what size you can go up to.

I doubt there is a specific set that can be used in cars.

I've got an unbranded (technically) one in my car which works fine.

Make sure, as silly as it sounds, that your music will be in MP3. Reason being is that most new music is now MP4. You can however download Realplayer Converter for free and you can change them in that

Use your ipod in the 3.5 aux socket

batezy_1984

Make sure, as silly as it sounds, that your music will be in MP3. Reason … Make sure, as silly as it sounds, that your music will be in MP3. Reason being is that most new music is now MP4. You can however download Realplayer Converter for free and you can change them in that

​Nah, your completely wrong there and muddying the waters.
    mp4 is a video file, if you're buying you music that way, you've been conned.
    But you can extract the mp3 from one.

batezy_1984

Make sure, as silly as it sounds, that your music will be in MP3. Reason … Make sure, as silly as it sounds, that your music will be in MP3. Reason being is that most new music is now MP4. You can however download Realplayer Converter for free and you can change them in that

OP has stated there music is all in MP3 format.

batezy_1984

good effort but it all mp7 now days

you should have no prob with a 32gb stick always take one for hire cars on holiday never had a problem yet
    Edited by: "mattmerch" 2nd Oct 2016

Original Poster

Sorted, 32 gb works fine. Just made mistake in ordering the very small physical size one,very fiddly putting into car USB socket. Probably by another 32gb one but not so small.

At least with the short stick, you won't snap it in half when you go to turn the volume down without looking, and with 32Gb, just full it up and leave it there!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?59
      2. Curry haggle price?910
      3. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills22
      4. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)11

See more discussions