Groups

Usb Wall Sockets, what voltage? fast charge

Want to grab some wall socket with usb's but want them to work via fast charge, currently got note 4, but rather get something futerproofed and not familiary with what voltage is needed, thankyou

12 Comments

they should all be 5 volt it's the ampage they deliver that dictates the charging speed. 2.1A for fast charge I believe

2.1A OUTLET FASTER CHARGE / THAN 1A

THEY NORMALLY HAVE ONE OUTLET OF EACH

No point, those wall sockets sap energy.

Original Poster

thecoolguy

more then if you had wall plug fast charge?

intresting or you mean when nothing plugged into it is using energy?

whelan189

more then if you had wall plug fast charge?intresting or you mean when … more then if you had wall plug fast charge?intresting or you mean when nothing plugged into it is using energy?

I've no idea what he means either.

Surely the purpose of a wall socket is to release energy?

You are looking at 2A minimum.

They are normally 2.1A which is shared between skts. There's a newer 3.1A also shared. screwfix.com/p/l…87p

There was a deal on here a while back with one that had 2.1A but if you used only 1 skt it would give the full 2.1A. But I can't find the deal.

thecoolguy

What a load of rubbish. oO

kester76

It says on it on the front :)and on the back :DThis one also has lan … It says on it on the front :)and on the back :DThis one also has lan connectors and built in WIFI / AV500 Powerline Adapter oOhttp://www.comms-express.com/products/power-ethernet-powerline-pro-socket//?keyword=&campaign=197280797&ad=13920642797&ADtype=pla&Productcode=118429565&gclid=CNu9woPivs8CFYoW0woddkIHLAhttp://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/digital-home/usb-wall-charging-flat-plate-review-3535292/

WTF £159 for one. oO

whelan189

but rather get something futerproofed and not familiary with what voltage … but rather get something futerproofed and not familiary with what voltage is needed, thankyou

The latest standard is USB Power Delivery. It does provide several voltages, 5v/9v/15v/20v, but the official guidelines for quoting capacity just use the total power output and require all lower voltages to be supported. So a 30W socket, for example, supports [email protected], [email protected] (27W) and [email protected] (15W). Anything higher would support 15V up to 3A and 20V above that 45W but no more power at 9v and 5v.

Most devices supporting it use a USB Type C connector and I believe they will require the same on their power source for the full capacity.

I haven't seen any wall socket USB Power supplies supporting it yet, although there are a reasonable selection of plug-in ones now, at least at lower power levels.

dereklogan7

WTF £159 for one. oO

​Not getting cheap on me now are you ? Joking aside it's not too bad if you want all that stuff and to forget about it but at that cost I would expect av1200 atleast
    Someone must be buying them though. Maybe the apple crowd as it's cheap to them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77743
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1515
      3. Free Codes from EGX33
      4. What do you feel happy about/grateful for today?53407

See more discussions