Expired

USB Wireless Adapter for Windows XP Pro and Vista Recommendations Please?

5 replies
Found 12th Aug 2008
Can anyone recommend a good usb adapter that suits xp pro and vista?

I have a Linksys Wireless G router if that matters? Daughter uses a 3com wireless card for her laptop which works really well so was wondering if I should think about getting a 3com usb but they seem to be more expensive does it really make a difference?

Any recommendations would be appreciated

5 Comments

I would suggest NOT to buy any Belkin brand product, the wireless adaptors are very problematic, I recommend D-link and Netgear as both are quality, have great support and are very user friendly,

jocksteeluk;2729553

I would suggest NOT to buy any Belkin brand product, the wireless … I would suggest NOT to buy any Belkin brand product, the wireless adaptors are very problematic, I recommend D-link and Netgear as both are quality, have great support and are very user friendly,

Whats wrong with belkin?

I have an adapter in mine and its fine.

i had a wireless card on my laptop and it worked fine, im selling it now though so if your interested then let me know

Karen4u, the adapters you posted a link to are bluetooth ones...they will not act as a wireless card, thus you won't be able to acess a wireless router off them.
Wireless adapters simply do not come that small yet, this is about as standard as you will get, and they ALL work with XP and vista:
play.com/PC/…tml

btw there is absolutely NO difference in having XP pro, or home...as far as divers go; xp is xp.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on selling an iPhone?66
    2. Best tablet around the £60 mark12
    3. What shoes are these?22
    4. Is this expensive?1120

See more discussions