USB Wireless Receier

2 replies
Found 13th Sep 2009

With a baby on the way, I need to move the desktop PC out of the former computing room and into another room.

I'm on SKY broadband on their mid range speed.

My thinking was to get a USB dongle or such and simply slot in to my desktop once I move rooms.

The sky connection is in the PC room at the moment and I dont mind keep the wireless router in this room, but my current PC has no means on picking it up. As such a receiver should be sufficient right?

If so, then what would people reccommend would be the best of these for my to buy please based on my current connection speed etc.

Many thanks in advance,


  1. Ask
  2. USB
  1. Ask
  2. USB

Practically ANY wireless g USB dongle should suffice. something like this


would also be good, it's a wireless n USB dongle, so it's then capable if in the future you need a faster network transmission to handle it upto 300Mbps.

any wireless will do.
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Parcels2go discount11
    2. Best watches under £500?77
    3. Do I need fabric conditioner?78
    4. Samsung TV for around £50011

    See more discussions