Groups

USB Wireless Wifi Adapter,

Hi can anyone point me towards a good USB Wireless Wifi Adapter? Many Thanks

4 Comments

I usually just find a cheap one off ebay or if I need it quickly buy the cheapest in the shop with the spec I need. Not come across one that has not worked yet, but I am sure there will always be exceptions.

Just decide what speed you want; n or ac. What physical format you want, the smaller it is the lower the reception. If you want an external antenna or not; useful in a weak WiFi area and what OS you want to use it on, then pick one that matches your specs.

The biggest issue will be if your OS is not supported. That is more down to the chipset used in the adaptor then anything else and unless you research the chipset it's hard to tell, so you have to go by the OS's listed as supported by the manufacturer.

Original Poster

Cfcb

I usually just find a cheap one off ebay or if I need it quickly buy the … I usually just find a cheap one off ebay or if I need it quickly buy the cheapest in the shop with the spec I need. Not come across one that has not worked yet, but I am sure there will always be exceptions.Just decide what speed you want; n or ac. What physical format you want, the smaller it is the lower the reception. If you want an external antenna or not; useful in a weak WiFi area and what OS you want to use it on, then pick one that matches your specs.The biggest issue will be if your OS is not supported. That is more down to the chipset used in the adaptor then anything else and unless you research the chipset it's hard to tell, so you have to go by the OS's listed as supported by the manufacturer.

​Thanks for the advice.

​Thanks to Cfcb, i konw it

I also just got a £10 one that works very good.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Parcel Hero weight adjustment56
      2. Wireless Earphones for Running21
      3. HELP FORD FOCUS RADIO NOT WORKING11
      4. Looking for a deal on nowtv movies22

See more discussions