Groups

USB Y Cable for seagate external hd

I've been given a the-gadgeteer.com/rev…_go Seagate Freeagent External Hard Drive but the usb y cable is missing. I've tried a standard usb with the much smaller end at one end from my garmin and it just beeps. Seems it needs the other part of the y cable for power which is fair enough

So, aside from ebay any ideas please where i can get one from? I've checked the usual suspects of scan, aria, ebuyer and spot on as well as google products and to no avail all aside from ebay.

Anyone any ideas please?

9 Comments

Original Poster

No one any ideas at all?

Original Poster

That be the one yes thank you, just a shame on the p+p of nearly the price of the cable but thanks, that is what i am looking for but hope to get it a bit cheaper really......

Might be cheaper direct from Lindy themselves. Can't immediately see the postage charge...

lindy.com/uk/…php

Original Poster

£8 inc postage seems like, since i doubt it will be more than 2kg
    lindy delivery charges
    Thanks again

Have you thought of going on ebay and buying a 2.5" external enclosure? I got one for less than £7 it arrived next day and came with the cable and a little pouch! Just a thought as it appears a cheaper way!

Original Poster

Would the seagate fit in the enclosure?

Well yeah i suppose but what I meant was the cable you want comes with them!
    Then you have a spare caddy, I meant it works out cheaper to buy the whole lot even with the delivery than they charge for a cable and delivery!

Original Poster

I never looked at it that way classic outside of the box thinking :giggle:
    Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523451
      2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963020
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764548
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …233736

See more discussions