Used car scandal the next ppi scandal

Found 6th Jan
Came across this today it might help some people out if they have been sold a used car that has came from a rental company or hire company

usedcarscandal.co.uk/
Community Updates
Misc
25 Comments
This sounds like one of the most ridiculous 'potential' lawsuits I've ever seen, every used car has history and you obviously take your chance on whether it's been looked after or not.
They don't even understand the English language -

'We are collecting details of effected consumers ..................'

'We are collecting details of Affected consumers .................'

more scammers on HotUKDeals
Why’s this in the Comp section??
would have been easier if the site was set up to allow a search against number plates..
What’s wrong with buying an ex hire car?
alankfc021 h, 26 m ago

The fact it's sold as a one owner vehicle but has had multiple drivers
The same as buying a company car , it doesn't mean it's had one owner , company's will lease to someone and will have multiple drivers
I've sold company cars and don't hide the fact who the previous owner was
The buyer should also be doing their own homework and not thinking about this nonsense
alankfc024 h, 23 m ago

Agreed
Most ex business lease and especially ex Motability Scheme cars are well looked after and serviced regularly.

If I was looking for a secondhand car I'd probably look for an ex Motability Scheme car above anything else.

Yes fleet rental hire cars I would stay clear of because most drivers just throttle the hell out of these but that is a personal choice.
Edited by: "philphil61" 6th Jan
So many people are desperate for something to be "the next PPI scandal" hoping to get some money for nothing.
What a load of absolute tosh. My car is ex demonstrator, owned an ex fleet car before and my dad had ex motability. If you buy a second hand car it is a case of caveat emptor. It is easy enough to find out the history of a car and at least if it is ex hire, you know it will have been serviced and maintained.
Selling used cars ? well it is like.......
33007025-J9zoj.jpg
ccnp8 h, 38 m ago

They don't even understand the English language - 'We are …They don't even understand the English language - 'We are collecting details of effected consumers ..................' 'We are collecting details of Affected consumers .................'more scammers on HotUKDeals

What is the percentage of English language out of the whole website is bad? Is it worth A/A* grade English in A-Level English or GCSE English if the amount of correct English is 75%-80%?
Had 2 ex motobility cars both owned by my dad. He never drove over 72 mph on the motorway. 3 years old 16000 miles only. In 1998 got a ex motobility serena came with a print out of every job done on the car down to bulbs and a dust caps.
As to ex fleet cars I’ve had 2 but clocked the log book and saw first was ex AA, The give away was it was bright yellow.
Next one was ex bank of Scotland on log book. So both times I had the relevant information.
Although it was my observations, not the dealer telling me the info.
I believe that they should be made to tell you. Just like if it’s been a write off.
As for claiming good luck.
But it’s pie in the sky time.
The story broke in the media yesterday because of false advertising, it’s ok if the car had one owner but if that owner was a rental company the advertising standards are finally cracking down on it. The companies don’t help themselves as they use their subsidiaries which aren’t called Hertz or Avis but with nice names.

had two exrental cars over the years, first a nightmare second excellent but worse than ppi isthat I didn’t know about either of them with ppi you read the details or not and decided to tick the box. With cars you are told it’s one owner and suspect it’s one two or three drivers maybe, not a different one every day. And as the quote goes it’s they are the fastest car in the world as you don’t drive it like your own.

The medua reports are suggesting you could get all your cash back if that’s the case it will be bigger than ppi that’s for sure and like ppi even if you knew what you were signing up to most will be claiming
g8spur2 h, 14 m ago

So many people are desperate for something to be "the next PPI scandal" …So many people are desperate for something to be "the next PPI scandal" hoping to get some money for nothing.

Are you missing something? It is not money for nothing. You have to paid money which you didn't have to in the first place (if there was no mis-selling). It is called consumer safety and protection against rogue traders.
splender41 m ago

Are you missing something? It is not money for nothing. You have to paid …Are you missing something? It is not money for nothing. You have to paid money which you didn't have to in the first place (if there was no mis-selling). It is called consumer safety and protection against rogue traders.

It’s also called digging up the past for not much good reason. By all means prevent it from continuing but why should it be dragged from the past.
psychobitchfromhell3 h, 5 m ago

What a load of absolute tosh. My car is ex demonstrator, owned an ex …What a load of absolute tosh. My car is ex demonstrator, owned an ex fleet car before and my dad had ex motability. If you buy a second hand car it is a case of caveat emptor. It is easy enough to find out the history of a car and at least if it is ex hire, you know it will have been serviced and maintained.

And most likely had the arse ragged off it. Like Phil says, ex Motability cars can be a bargain. Much more likely to have been respected that a hire car with potentially hundreds of one or two day hires.
splender55 m ago

Are you missing something? It is not money for nothing. You have to paid …Are you missing something? It is not money for nothing. You have to paid money which you didn't have to in the first place (if there was no mis-selling). It is called consumer safety and protection against rogue traders.

I think he may be referring to the fly-by-nights who want to claim on your behalf.
Edited by: "deeky" 6th Jan
deeky20 m ago

I think he may be referring to the fly-by-nights who want to claim on your …I think he may be referring to the fly-by-nights who want to claim on your behalf.

Give the man a chance to reply.
splender3 m ago

Give the man a chance to reply.

He might be in bed and I couldn't wait till the morning to get my thoughts across. I'm very impatient like that.
deeky16 m ago

He might be in bed and I couldn't wait till the morning to get my thoughts …He might be in bed and I couldn't wait till the morning to get my thoughts across. I'm very impatient like that.

More sleep before midnight makes one more beautiful. I just tucked into bed, goodnight.
splender1 m ago

More sleep before midnight makes one more beautiful. I just tucked into …More sleep before midnight makes one more beautiful. I just tucked into bed, goodnight.

Goodnight splender. Sweet dreams.
psychobitchfromhell4 h, 56 m ago

What a load of absolute tosh. My car is ex demonstrator, owned an ex …What a load of absolute tosh. My car is ex demonstrator, owned an ex fleet car before and my dad had ex motability. If you buy a second hand car it is a case of caveat emptor. It is easy enough to find out the history of a car and at least if it is ex hire, you know it will have been serviced and maintained.

"It is easy enough to find out the history of a car"
It is now - go back 20 years and you needed someone "with a keen eye and in the know" to make sure you weren't buying a jalopy or cut n shut (insurance write off)

But now with this interwebs thingamajig you can find lots of useful info about every vehicle that's ever had an MOT for starters and it's all free

gov.uk/che…ory

ownvehicle.askmid.com/

^^^Two sites I regularly access^^^
Owners and drivers are not the same thing. I own my car but my wife may on occasion use it (she has her own car too). Because I bought it new it only has one owner (me) but it’s been driven by two people and when it’s been serviced or loaded onto/off car transporter it’s been driven by car dealer staff. Are they saying it’s now has 4-5 owners? Utterly ridiculous!!!
cmdr_elito4 h, 50 m ago

Owners and drivers are not the same thing. I own my car but my wife may on …Owners and drivers are not the same thing. I own my car but my wife may on occasion use it (she has her own car too). Because I bought it new it only has one owner (me) but it’s been driven by two people and when it’s been serviced or loaded onto/off car transporter it’s been driven by car dealer staff. Are they saying it’s now has 4-5 owners? Utterly ridiculous!!!

No, that's not what they are saying at all.
ccnp19 h, 43 m ago

They don't even understand the English language - 'We are …They don't even understand the English language - 'We are collecting details of effected consumers ..................' 'We are collecting details of Affected consumers .................'more scammers on HotUKDeals

Yes, English seems to be a struggle for whoever put together that website, looks very dodgy tbh.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants