Used, cheap, iPhones?

Posted 19th Feb
My 5+ year old iPhone is really falling apart now.

I wanted to get an iPhone XS Max (as it has an OLED screen). What is a good price for it second hand?

Where is the best platform? ebay, gumtree, shpock? I am moving to london in 2 weeks so I can look in the City but where abouts is good?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
hotukdeals.com/dea…429

I personally would stay away from ebay, gumtree & shpock because of the stories about phones being blocked after a few months.
Every second hand phone I bought had fault. Buyer beware
Edited by: "wayners" 19th Feb
Caulcano19/02/2020 13:33

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/apple-iphone-xs-max-64gb-42797-in-good-condition-unlocked-at-music-magpie-ebay-3409429I personally would stay away from ebay, gumtree & shpock because of the stories about phones being blocked after a few months.

This is also second hand right?

Is there any way to check if a phone won't be blocked?
trojanh19/02/2020 13:37

This is also second hand right?Is there any way to check if a phone won't …This is also second hand right?Is there any way to check if a phone won't be blocked?

Yes, the ones from MM will be 2nd hand but you've got a 12 month guarantee with them.
Caulcano19/02/2020 13:41

Yes, the ones from MM will be 2nd hand but you've got a 12 month guarantee …Yes, the ones from MM will be 2nd hand but you've got a 12 month guarantee with them.

wayners19/02/2020 13:35

Every second hand phone I bought had fault. Buyer beware

Don't you have a 12mo guarantee with any second hand stuff you buy through eBay or Paypal as goods/servies?
trojanh19/02/2020 13:45

Don't you have a 12mo guarantee with any second hand stuff you buy through …Don't you have a 12mo guarantee with any second hand stuff you buy through eBay or Paypal as goods/servies?

6 months
I too wouldn't buy a second hand phone from eBay, gumtree and those kind of sites.

There are other retailers offering the XS MAX

Envirofone, Music magpie & Giffgaff just to name a few.

As your child is still at such a young age it seems rather much to spend for a second hand phone.

I'm sure you'd find a great alternative with an android model..
24 months warranty at CEX.

Personally I would prefer a new phone but I guess that only comes with 1 year.
jay.319/02/2020 14:19

6 months

I'm sure it's up to a year you can make a claim via PayPal
trojanh19/02/2020 13:45

Don't you have a 12mo guarantee with any second hand stuff you buy through …Don't you have a 12mo guarantee with any second hand stuff you buy through eBay or Paypal as goods/servies?

No. Maybe I should of chased up. Loads of high spec phones for under £200 so that's what I buy now. Try and get 3 years out of them. I just think folks can easily shift phones to friends or family if they are ok. Even phone shops will take them but I've got no trust in some products sold online. Low value items I'll take a punt, but for a few hundred on second hand electronics, especially phones is asking for trouble from my experience. You don't know how many times a phone been dropped or if it got wet ect.
Would 100% recommend Music Magpie. Never had an issue with them, and obviously you get a 12 month warranty as well. My friend’s kept switching off randomly, he then dropped it, and partly smashed the screened. Returned it, and they sent another one out. Had no problems with the replacement.
I bought my iPhone 11 Pro Max from cex - 24 months warranty - last month i did order an iPhone XS Max off eBay but it got misplaced by DPD and it put me off ordering again off eBay.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants