Groups
    EXPIRED

Used/refurbished laptop site

Hi, I am looking to purchase a new/used/refurbished laptop of the net for under/around £200. Would prefer to buy off a company that provides a warranty as my previous laptop was bought from an individual and it didn't last as long as i would of wanted (though i don't believe it was knowingly sold faulty). Have looked on ebay and bigpockets.co.uk but would like to have a better idea of whats out there. Was just wondering if anybody on here has any sites/companies they'd like to recommend, any help greatly appreciated!

5 Comments

I dealt with BigPockets when purchasing an older HP laptop (can't remember what it was) - it started after faults after the second day and they were quick to pick it up & refund me via their call logging system...it's a bit odd (as they don't have a number) but the call logging system at least shows you the progress involved with getting the necessary actions done.

Haven't used eBay UK in ages (stayed clear after a major problem with a seller) but generally as long as the seller has a good established reputation, you should be pretty covered - of course it may have changed a bit since I've used it last.

If your considering dealing with Laptops Direct you might want to watch out for them, as a few other members have previously had issues with after-care support - can't find the threads about them but at least one guy had a nightmare of a time getting his money back after they picked up his faulty laptop, which was meant to have been quality control tested; if I remember correctly it had apparently came pre-populated with licensed apps but also data files from the previous owner as well! lol

Original Poster

Yeah think my best bet is probably going to be a reputable seller on ebay, providing there's a warranty offered...

PC world curry and dixons do refurbs

pcworld.co.uk/gbu…-11
    EI SYSTEMS Sorrento Refurbished Laptop
    Intel® Celeron® 900 (2.2 GHz), Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 2048 MB , Hard drive: 160 GB, DVD-RW DL rewriter, Black shell, 15.6 Widescreen

Print page Send to a friend £249.97
    Save a total of £50.02
    Was £299.99 (From 08/12/09 To 28/01/10)
    Free Home Delivery Reservation not possible - check in-store

Add to basket
    Collect@Store

Making light work of your day to day computing activities, the EI Systems Sorrento1 C900W7 Refurbished Laptop is a reliable and inexpensive option. Benefits include an Intel Celeron Processor C900 and Microsoft's new operating system.

This refurbished laptop has been professionally checked, tested and repackaged. It comes with a reassuring 12-month...

Product code: 421757

(Find out more)

crustine

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/eisystems-sorrento-refurbished-laptop-03885324-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-11&srcid=369&xtor=AL-11EI SYSTEMS Sorrento Refurbished LaptopIntel® Celeron® 900 (2.2 GHz), Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 2048 MB , Hard drive: 160 GB, DVD-RW DL rewriter, Black shell, 15.6 Widescreen Print page Send to a friend £249.97 Save a total of £50.02 Was £299.99 (From 08/12/09 To 28/01/10) Free Home Delivery Reservation not possible - check in-store Add to basket Collect@StoreMaking light work of your day to day computing activities, the EI Systems Sorrento1 C900W7 Refurbished Laptop is a reliable and inexpensive option. Benefits include an Intel Celeron Processor C900 and Microsoft's new operating system.This refurbished laptop has been professionally checked, tested and repackaged. It comes with a reassuring 12-month...Product code: 421757(Find out more)

IF the OP went for this one, there is the potential of cashback via Quidco or TopCashBack but also I think there was a few discount codes on the go for PC World as well.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1826
      2. Bet365 Free In Play Bet £25 Chelsea Vs Tottenham22
      3. Need Bright Red Exterior Paint. HELP!!11
      4. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue23

See more discussions