EXPIRED

Usenet Provider wanted - all suggestions will be repped.

Like many of you on here I'm with Hitnews, I need to renew in a few weeks though and I'm taken to Xen News, a more expensive, [email protected] version of Hitnews. I don't reckon they allow account sharing like Hitnews did either.

So anyways now I'm in the hunt of a new usenet provider. I'd prefer someone who allows you to share accounts. I may go back to Astraweb...

Any help is appreciated.

Zak.

15 Comments

i have no suggestions but am also interested in anyones comments

The best is giganews, but they are expensive.

I have also used ngroups.net & hitnews.eu and they are both very good.

edit: I should have read the OP properly. I have never shared my giganews account, but I have shared my ngroups account with several people in the past and although not really allowed, I have had no problems.

hi doc u ok long time no see thanx for the info:thumbsup:

i use usenetserver. they're $14.95 (about £8.50) a month for unlimited. you're allowed 10 connections which allows sharing amongst other users on your network (mine is regularly shared amongst 4 PCs on my network) . i've occasionally accessed the service from other people's ISP whilst concurrently mine is d/l but have never had a warning or anything from them. they don't officially allow account sharing but they don't seem to stop it, at least from my experience, which is admittedly limited on the sharing side.

wow what a joke , i just tried to log into hitnews and found also the sad end to my cheap service! also interested in anything similar . will watch thread

Easynews, not the cheapest but allow logins from fifteen Domains before they scramble your password and mail you the new one :thumbsup:

Credit goes to the user 'reyhdrated' for this one:

]http//ww…tml

Astraweb, 150 day retention, 20 connections for only $11 (about £6.20) per month, instead of $15. Bargain.

Hi Wayne
Thank you! :-D You should just have said it was your info for the rep!! :whistling:
I should add, nzbsrus.com/nzb…php is another newsgroup I have been using for about a month now along with newzbin. They were doing 5 dl's a day for free,but I logged in last night and I had 500 to play with...FOR FREE! I don't know if they have changed their service plan,or because I probably used them everyday for a month,but I have 500 downloads for free as well as my newzbin account. They are very similar,speed,files etc. but sometimes new files comes on one before the other,so is worth a check,especially as it's free.
As for astraweb,would be hard pushed to beat I think. 3 seperate puters downloading sometimes at the one time,good speeds (an episode in less than 5 minutes,film,depending on how many you got going in less than 30 minutes) If anyone has others to compare to I would be interested to hear.

rehydrated;3070882

Hi WayneThank you! :-D You should just have said it was your info for … Hi WayneThank you! :-D You should just have said it was your info for the rep!! :whistling:I should add, http://www.nzbsrus.com/nzbbrowse.php is another newsgroup I have been using for about a month now along with newzbin. They were doing 5 dl's a day for free,but I logged in last night and I had 500 to play with...FOR FREE! I don't know if they have changed their service plan,or because I probably used them everyday for a month,but I have 500 downloads for free as well as my newzbin account. They are very similar,speed,files etc. but sometimes new files comes on one before the other,so is worth a check,especially as it's free.As for astraweb,would be hard pushed to beat I think. 3 seperate puters downloading sometimes at the one time,good speeds (an episode in less than 5 minutes,film,depending on how many you got going in less than 30 minutes) If anyone has others to compare to I would be interested to hear.

No probs. I signed up to Astraweb yesterday. Its a great service - uses SSL encryption too. For just over £6 per month, I think it won'y be beaten. Thanks again rehydrated.

waynehayes;3068927

Credit goes to the user 'reyhdrated' for this … Credit goes to the user 'reyhdrated' for this one:]http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.htmlAstraweb, 150 day retention, 20 connections for only $11 (about £6.20) per month, instead of $15. Bargain.

Hi

We have a set number of accounts to be sold at the special price. Once these are sold, the offer will be withdrawn. So we are unable to provide an accurate date of when the offer will be withdrawn. It is best to signup as soon as you can to avoid disappointment.

Cancelled my account with Powerusenet

Original Poster

Cheers for the suggestions guys, you all will be repped as promised. I have found a way to get my normal Hitnews services though - hotukdeals.com/ite…th/

Got an email from Hitnews today saying that they were not renewing any accounts from outside Holland because it was costing them too much - nicely worded mail but very disappointing cos it was a good service

That Astraweb deal looks pretty good though so I'm off to have a look at it.

Aha! just found the catch with the Astraweb deal - they run a 1mb cap on unlimited accounts! That's just way too slow!

RedSkywalker;3214834

Aha! just found the catch with the Astraweb deal - they run a 1mb cap on … Aha! just found the catch with the Astraweb deal - they run a 1mb cap on unlimited accounts! That's just way too slow!

Have just been looking to sign up with Astraweb.
Just to correct you on your point. The speed is unlimited on the 'Unlimited DSL' plan
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
    2. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
    3. Any discount for paultons park?22
    4. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56

See more discussions