Using a DTS audio file with movie?

Found 17th Mar 2011
I have a film with foreign audio but have the English DTS audio file seperate how do i use this instead? I stream movies via PS3 media server to my PS3. I tried putting it in same folder but dont show up, do i have to actually replace foreign audio? Please help.

1. Misc
  2. Movie
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Movie
7 Comments

you would normally just specify the soundtrack to use in the software player .. ps3 playing it, you would cylce through the available audio tracks.

The files/format/filetype etc you have will determine how the above would work though as well as how the device/media software works. Have they not got a forum

The decoder/amp you have would also have to be able to decode dts5.1 or at least be able to downmix it to stereo

You will probably find you would need to reauthor/ re-encode the movie with the desired soundtrack if possible using software like virtualdub/ tsremux/ or similar software. would be easier to get blu ray/ DVD and rip it again with the soundtracks you want

Edited by: "dontasciime" 17th Mar 2011

Original Poster

thanks for info think it is 5.1 yeah will have a look, maybe thats the prob?

as above youll have to re encode it with the english audio,

nutta

thanks for info think it is 5.1 yeah will have a look, maybe thats the … thanks for info think it is 5.1 yeah will have a look, maybe thats the prob?

dts 5.1 and ac3 5.1 need different decoders whilst most will do both some just do ac3 5.1 decoding and have no dts decoder.

Original Poster

dontasciime

you would normally just specify the soundtrack to use in the software … you would normally just specify the soundtrack to use in the software player .. ps3 playing it, you would cylce through the available audio tracks.

Doing this only show the foreign audio track?

nutta

Doing this only show the foreign audio track?

That's cos you or whoever encoded it ditched the english track
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769348
    2. Tesco 3 for 2 Toy deal starting 27th October89
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226637
    4. Any PS4 News Here29313894

See more discussions