Using a gear s3 watch with a non samsung phone

Found 27th Sep 2017
Is anybody doing this and what features do you get/lose by doing so. I have a s7 edge and it works flawlessly. I'm also using it with a iphone to test and tbh you lose so many features when paired with ios it isnt worth it. I'm tempted to get a new non android phone so I just want to know what works and what doesn't.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
Not sure what you mean by your post, do you mean using an Gear S3 with a non android phone instead ?
I own the Samsung Gear S2 which uses the same OS but is missing a few features, not a massive difference between my LGG4 and Samsung S4 mobiles but if Samsung screw up an update it can be hard getting the watch to connect to a non samsung device.

Main annoying issue is if you swap between phones you tend to lose your data unless you've backed up to smart fitness app.
What I mean is what features do you lose by using (connecting) the gear s3 to a non Samsung phone.

Can you still reply to messages etc and what apps are available for it, Samsung pay, s health etc??

Obviously when connected to a Samsung phone it works how it's supposed to. I also have a iPhone SE and when connected to that you can make/receive calls and get notifications but that's about it.

I've been a Samsung phone user for years now and I'm tempted to move to another brand but obviously want the watch to work well if i do swap over.

Thanks
Edited by: "thecarpetman" 27th Sep 2017
thecarpetman1 h, 34 m ago

What I mean is what features do you lose by using (connecting) the gear s3 …What I mean is what features do you lose by using (connecting) the gear s3 to a non Samsung phone. Can you still reply to messages etc and what apps are available for it, Samsung pay, s health etc??Obviously when connected to a Samsung phone it works how it's supposed to. I also have a iPhone SE and when connected to that you can make/receive calls and get notifications but that's about it. I've been a Samsung phone user for years now and I'm tempted to move to another brand but obviously want the watch to work well if i do swap over. Thanks

google.co.uk/sea…ype

Looks like you can set it up to work independent. I assumed you would need a sim enabled watch but I guess I'm wrong.

Shouldn't have any issue with samsung gear app working on any modern mobile.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants