Groups

Using a sim card to connect to net on laptop/PC

Hiya,

I just brought a iphone sim card, and now im wondering if this is possible. im sure it must be, i just aint got a clue on what i need to be lookin for, so a nudge in the right direction would be appriciated.

Im trying to find a way (cheap and easy way), of getting this iphone sim card, connecting it to a laptop/PC so i can check emails and stuff like that (nothing data hungry).

Im presuming i need some sort of caddy/data card or something?.. but not sure what exactley.

P.S
    Im aware that o2 dont like people doing this, but they dont like alot of things..

any help would be appriciated... thank you.

3 Comments

Search for iPhone tethering. It works a treat on my 3G sim.

Original Poster

cheers, however, thats connectiong your iphone to your laptop.. im trying to connect a sim only (it just happens to be a iphone sim).... there must be some sort of case or means of attaching it to your laptop.. maybe a data card thing??...

Kandiman1983;4465393

cheers, however, thats connectiong your iphone to your laptop.. im trying … cheers, however, thats connectiong your iphone to your laptop.. im trying to connect a sim only (it just happens to be a iphone sim).... there must be some sort of case or means of attaching it to your laptop.. maybe a data card thing??...

The best thing to put the sim into would be a mobile phone that supports tethering. Windows mobile smartphones come with data sharing support built in. I don't know of any data cards that would take a mobile phone sim.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77742
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231363
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047168
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)63487

See more discussions