Using A Virgin Tivo Box to another property? Questions!

Found 14th Sep 2017
Hello guys,

For the last 3/4 months I have been using my folks old school fat Tivo Box at my new property. I only pay for Virgin Broadband. I have been getting all the channels and my folks actually pay for 4 boxes in their house. I have just nabbed one and it's working fine.

However after a storm last night I had some problems with my broadband. And foolishly I phoned Virgin to check my system without disconnecting my folks Tivo box. However they didn't say anything I'm just hoping nothing was flagged up.

We are both on the same area reference code and I live half a mile away, and the box is connected through Cable only. I'm just wondering what they can see there end when they check there system's? Can they actually see my folks box? I understand this could be a slight grey area
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
No they won't know there systems don't do that they just send signals down fibre network to turn em on etc etc
andybriggs0313 h, 45 m ago

No they won't know there systems don't do that they just send signals down …No they won't know there systems don't do that they just send signals down fibre network to turn em on etc etc

Ok that's reassuring how would it ever flag up on their systems?
It don't that's how people are able to use Zgemma boxes or only way it can stop working is if gets taken outside your virgin media area code. Mine is 022 an regularly take my modem to girlfriends house, tbh virgin won't care unless they stop getting paid.
We are both in the same area reference code. Does that mean we are on the same nodes? And yeah I guess they ain't too fussed. Surely they must be able to see what goes up and down their cable lines though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants