Using BT YouView on a different ISP?

Found 27th Dec 2012
Hi, I have seen a BT YouView box for sale at a good price but we have o2 broadband which I don't want to change.

Do you know what features would we have/lose if it's a BT box?

Thanks.
Community Updates
MiscYouView
4 Comments
Correct me if I am wrong but the YouView box will work on any ISP. At the end of the day, it's just a Freeview box which connects to the internet to use iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD, Channel 5 on Demand and so on... You wouldn't lost any services unless BT offer special services?
Edited by: "KingBenneth" 27th Dec 2012
Thanks, I don't think I would get BT Vision? I don't know what other on demand services I would lose?
If it's a BT box that doubles as a BT vision box I would guess that it would be the same as the previous version of their box which means you need a BT broadband line and subscription to the BT vision service,
The you view box would simply look and work the same as an off-the-shelf standard (non BT or TalkTalk) box. I have a TalkTalk box and tried it tethered to my phone and I just lost the TalkTalk stuff. A BT or standard box connected using talk talk broadband would show talk talk services and vice versa.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants