Using car for shopping during Coronavirus

Posted 31st Mar
Question regarding using my car during the coronavirus outbreak. I understand that I am allowed to travel to the supermarket using my car for essential shopping and that I am allowed to do the shopping by myself. Is there any regulation that prevents my wife travelling with me to the supermarket and she stays in the car while I do the shopping?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I drive, my wife doesn't trust me to do the shopping.... so that's what we do.
I think it's fine to do that, I understand the reasoning behind it too. After 10 days of us being in the home and surrounding streets for brief walks it's actually nice to hop in the car and see the world beyond our local streets does still exist. We have a serious deadly virus on our hands but we also have to take care of our mental health with being lock down for what could be months, so there is nothing wrong with people from the same household popping out in the car together if doing an "essential" task.

We actually drove 7 miles to do a click n collect on Sunday (1st time more than 500 metres from our house in 10 days) and it was almost a thrill to see the "real world" again! Amazing how your mindset changes.
Edited by: "Straycat1967" 31st Mar
19 Comments
I think it's allowed as 2 people are allowed to be together.
I drive, my wife doesn't trust me to do the shopping.... so that's what we do.
no regulation against providing you and your wife are part of the same household!

but what would be the point? Your wife just having a drive out perhaps?
tardytortoise31/03/2020 00:41

no regulation against providing you and your wife are part of the same …no regulation against providing you and your wife are part of the same household!but what would be the point? Your wife just having a drive out perhaps?

Some reports of tesco only allowing 1 person in at a time. No 2nd person allowed. But I expect they mucked up.
What would be the point of her going with you just to stay in the car while you go inside?
Haircut_10031/03/2020 00:53

What would be the point of her going with you just to stay in the car …What would be the point of her going with you just to stay in the car while you go inside?

Maybe the wife is high risk and can’t be too close to people or doesn’t want to risk it, but would quite enjoy being out on the open road with the windows down rather than being cooped up inside for yet another day???

What would be the point of her going with you just to stay in the car …What would be the point of her going with you just to stay in the car while you go inside?

It’s freshers your mind after staying home all week
I think it's fine to do that, I understand the reasoning behind it too. After 10 days of us being in the home and surrounding streets for brief walks it's actually nice to hop in the car and see the world beyond our local streets does still exist. We have a serious deadly virus on our hands but we also have to take care of our mental health with being lock down for what could be months, so there is nothing wrong with people from the same household popping out in the car together if doing an "essential" task.

We actually drove 7 miles to do a click n collect on Sunday (1st time more than 500 metres from our house in 10 days) and it was almost a thrill to see the "real world" again! Amazing how your mindset changes.
Edited by: "Straycat1967" 31st Mar
Straycat196731/03/2020 03:41

I think it's fine to do that, I understand the reasoning behind it too. …I think it's fine to do that, I understand the reasoning behind it too. After 10 days of us being in the home and surrounding streets for brief walks it's actually nice to hop in the car and see the world beyond our local streets does still exist. We have a serious deadly virus on our hands but we also have to take care of our mental health with being lock down for what could be months, so there is nothing wrong with people from the same household popping out in the car together if doing an "essential" task.We actually drove 7 miles to do a click n collect on Sunday (1st time more than 500 metres from our house in 10 days) and it was almost a thrill to see the "real world" again! Amazing how your mindset changes.

I can imagine how prisoners must feel being locked away for years
flowersofwar31/03/2020 06:44

I can imagine how prisoners must feel being locked away for years

That’s their choice though - there’s a difference.
Hennah31/03/2020 06:46

That’s their choice though - there’s a difference.

Yes of course. Not all prisoners are guilty though - there's a difference.
flowersofwar31/03/2020 07:21

Yes of course. Not all prisoners are guilty though - there's a difference.

Prisons are there for a reason - that’s the difference.
Hennah31/03/2020 14:09

And what is the reason?

48% of adult prisoners are reconvicted within a year of being released. Prisons don't work as they should - that's the difference.
Edited by: "flowersofwar" 31st Mar
no law against it at the moment.

It's just to get my wife out because she is bored staying in.
See if she falls for the - you'll need to travel in the boot love else if we get spotted we might get stopped and questioned
jazzyman31/03/2020 16:04

It's just to get my wife out because she is bored staying in.

That's fair enough I suppose, it's a change of scenary isn't it.
What you have to do to get a prison sentence now, with some committing multiple crimes before prison.Don't get me going on Brutal murders downgraded to manslaughter (womanslaughter).
Edited by: "morrig" 31st Mar
Hennah31/03/2020 14:09

Chill
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions