Using Linx tablet as to run PowerPoint 24/7

4 replies
Found 2nd Jan 2015
I was thinking of using a Linx 7" tablet to display running PowerPoint slides on a large screen for visitors instead of using a large desktop PC. Anyone know if this would cope fine switched on and running 24/7, as there's obviously no cooling fan etc.?

4 Comments

It should run fine as far as the cpu / temperature is concerned. What you should be concerned about is the battery - do you intend on leaving it plugged in mains 24/7? If so, the battery will be knackered in a few months.

Banned

Linx 7's (and I think the other models) are a bit weird when having them on and charging at the same time, they charge slower in comparison to switching off and charging. Why not just get a SFF PC, something that is meant to be on alot ?

Original Poster

Comment

Holly1985

Linx 7's (and I think the other models) are a bit weird when having them … Linx 7's (and I think the other models) are a bit weird when having them on and charging at the same time, they charge slower in comparison to switching off and charging. Why not just get a SFF PC, something that is meant to be on alot ?

Sounds like keeping it charged could be an issue then. Was thinking of the SFF, but that's about £100 more

abusaleh

CommentSounds like keeping it charged could be an issue then. Was … CommentSounds like keeping it charged could be an issue then. Was thinking of the SFF, but that's about £100 more

Pick up a cheap nettop from ebay. Starting around £50 will easily run powerpoint all day with minimal running costs. Or consider something like a raspberry pi running linux with openoffice/libre office or similar office software. Again should run up around £50 to do that.
Edited by: "Astec123" 2nd Jan 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop46
    2. Gearbest Delivery Never Came - British Priority Mail1517
    3. Credit Card Debt Question...1118
    4. What is the best weight training app for iOS please?22

See more discussions