Groups

Using Macbook's internet for PS3

Right, my ps3 is out of range of the router, due to lots of brickwork etc. My macbook however gets a very good connection.

I want to connet my router wirelessly to my macbook
    and my amcbook wired to my ps3.

Then use hte internet through it. I tried lots of things but I cannot do it. Any advice.
    I have netgear router and 60gb ps3. And it's a normal macbook.

Cheeers

8 Comments

I think you need to set up a wireless network access point on your mac.

I think this is the way to do it

dlink.co.uk/?go…zcD

Though wait for others replies !

BFM

Edit: Thought you wanted to connect ps3 to mac wirelessly too, but its ok im back up to speed

Original Poster

There is an internet sharing option on my mac, but i don't know which settings to use

I dont think you can use internet connection sharing with wireless can you?

What makes it a little more difficult (for me anyway lol) is the PS3, i dont think its as configurable as a pc so it may cause some problems, nothing that cant be overcome though so dont worry

ICS on wireless, i will just look into it quickly for you, brb

BFM

Presumably you've connected mac and ps3 together so far? Do you have access to your media files yet?

Original Poster

Not tried. You can do it though. The macbook is acting as a bridge.

Original Poster

bump. help!

You can connect the PS3 to the laptop with a crossover cable and enable internet connection sharing or you can set up a wireless ADHOC connection between the laptop and the PS3 which will allow them to connect at 11Mbps.

Donn;3454396

You can connect the PS3 to the laptop with a crossover cable and enable … You can connect the PS3 to the laptop with a crossover cable and enable internet connection sharing or you can set up a wireless ADHOC connection between the laptop and the PS3 which will allow them to connect at 11Mbps.

But if he runs it Ad-hoc won't it cancel his connection with the netgear router?

Crossover cable would be best bet imo. :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions