Using O2 3G mobile with web bolt-on as a 3G modem?

7 replies
Found 28th Aug 2009
Anyone of you HUKDealers tried using a contract o2 mobile (with unlimited data bolt-on) as a 3G modem?

Reason I ask is I am thinking of getting a 3G USB modem for backup / occasional UK travelling, but as I am on Simplicity 600 mins with web bolt-on, maybe this would suffice.

I know that in theory its against the T&Cs, but when i was on 3, I used my mobile occasionally as a modem and nothing was said. Just wondering if O2 strictly enforce this policy.

So is anyone using their O2 mobile as a modem? Do O2 unofficially allow occasional use like 3?

Thanks

EliTom

7 Comments

I'd liek to know as well!!

I would be interested to know also (as I'm moving into a student house this week and will be without internet for a while) :thumbsup:

Been using my N95 tethered to the laptop for about a year and haven't heard a thing from O2.
I presume the same applies if you put the sim in a dongle.
Just don't abuse it and you should be fine.

marktuck;6144909

Been using my N95 tethered to the laptop for about a year and haven't … Been using my N95 tethered to the laptop for about a year and haven't heard a thing from O2.I presume the same applies if you put the sim in a dongle.Just don't abuse it and you should be fine.

when you do this can you see if you are missing calls and receive sms bud? I think with a dongle this is not possible at all...

Xiwt;6145412

when you do this can you see if you are missing calls and receive sms … when you do this can you see if you are missing calls and receive sms bud? I think with a dongle this is not possible at all...

I use it through Nokia PC Suite and get told if calls or texts are coming in.

Don't know about when using the dongle though

I've a web bolt on on my o2 mobile,works ok in a dongle but your not supposed to do it ;-)

how long have you been using it as a dongle for and how much do you normally download?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35109
    2. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!1733
    3. Boredom1519
    4. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?918

See more discussions