Groups

Using Paypal

I am quite new to all this buying and selling online. However, i have recently sold a number of things through ebay and payment was received using paypal. On closer examination, I see that some of my money goes as fees to ebay and some goes as fees to paypal. therefore a good wack of my sale price is lost. Is this normal and is there any advice you na offer to reduce this happening

ta

9 Comments

welcome to ebay my friend why do u think we all hate ebay :thumbsup: next time sell through this site no fee's etc:thumbsup:

Thats why a lot of people don't like it...Its very expensive and all the pennys add up to fat profits to them. Its ok to buy through them though

yup you should try on here it seems they sell for less here but when you take there fees into account......

Yup, ebays fees just seem to get higher and higher. Try and sell here, lovely people and no fees :-D

Yes sold a PSP on there before and they had a certain percentage of it EXCLUDING ebay fees they took £10 !!

sell through here and no fees.

gr8h8me;5337699

Thats why a lot of people don't like it...Its very expensive and all the … Thats why a lot of people don't like it...Its very expensive and all the pennys add up to fat profits to them. Its ok to buy through them though

I would agree try here first but I don't get why people get all het up about ebay making money, they are a company, it's what they do, they make money to pay wages, dividends, expenses, outgoings, utilities, rent and yes profit.

Do you really expect them to do it for a couple of quid profit, if you ran a business that made it that big you too would seek to expand your profit before the bubble bursts.

Just in case you didn't know Paypal is owned by E-Bay, my feeling for E-bay & Paypal are the same as most people, I don't mind them making their bit of profit but my view is they have got very greedy so now I don't sell on E-bay at all.

They ain't a charity OP !

I am fed up with ebay's increased fees and the fact that you can't leave neg feedback to bad buyers I so use it less these days. As well as selling here, there are other options :

Free newspapers - e.g. Friday Ad
    Ad in newsagent window - usually about 50p a week
    Sell at work ? We have an internal classifieds column online which is great
    Ask around - friends / rellies
    Supermarket - some like Asda have free notice boards

Note paypal gift is free but you won't be able to use it for ebay items
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News812
      2. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.55
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767533
      4. Cheer me up please?1431

See more discussions