Using phone abroad on holiday

2 replies
Found 11th Feb 2008
Hi, am from he UK and am off to HK in april. Will my K850i work in HK, or will I have to buy a local sim card?


It'll work, but there's a few things to note.

1) You must enable roaming on your mobile price plan with your operator.

2) Unless you are using 3, it'll be very expensive. It'll be much cheaper to get a local pay as you go sim card.

The reason why 3 will be better is because they will be able to use their own network in HK and call charges are the same as in the UK! However, you'll still need to ring 3 to enable international roaming on your price plan.

Hope that helps.

Original Poster

To use a foreign simcard, my phone has to be unlocked right?
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415463
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…52114
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522882
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…33

    See more discussions