Groups

Using PS3 ID on another PS3

Going on holiday to Florida in a couple of weeks. The villa has a ps3. Was wondering if I can a) play uk games on it b) use my PS3 id on it to play online games with my stats etc c) buy US ps3 games and play them on my ps3 when I get home? Thanks!

9 Comments

There is so much to do in Florida why waste your time playing on your PS3

Original Poster

We're going for a month. Don't think we'll be playing it much, but want to take a couple of games just so we have the option.

PS3 Games are region free...

Also PS3 games are generally a bit more expensive stateside... (Exchange rate sucks now)
    Edited by: "s2rocks247" 12th Oct 2010

Original Poster

Thanks, s2rocks247, so the only question that I would liek an answer to now is whether I can use my ID on another ps3?

gimmeabargain

Thanks, s2rocks247, so the only question that I would liek an answer to … Thanks, s2rocks247, so the only question that I would liek an answer to now is whether I can use my ID on another ps3?

Yes you can, but be sure to deactivate your profile from the console, and delete the profile before you leave.
    If you buy US games, you will have to buy any downloadble content from the US PS store, so beware.
    Edited by: "thesaint" 12th Oct 2010

Original Poster

Thanks thesaint. Is it easy enough to do? Just click on sign in, use my details? Then how do I make sure everything is deleted?

Banned

Before you leave
    Remember to sync your trophies before you leave home. Also using a USB stick, try to copy your game saves (press triangle on the save file) This won't work for all games as they are copy protected. Note down your user login details, (email/password)
    When you get there
    Create new user, there is an option to use an existing PSN account instead of create a new one.
    http://media.ignimgs.com/media/ign/imgs/playstation-3-guide/image-network-connect.jpg
    your friends should appear and hopefully your trophies if you sync again.
    Stick the USB stick in and transfer the saves.
    Certain games like MW2 have online stats that will be there as soon as you login.

I think that is all unless anyone else can think of anything.

Edited by: "sennasnit" 12th Oct 2010

Banned

didnt think you could use your psn id in another region

gimmeabargain

Thanks thesaint. Is it easy enough to do? Just click on sign in, use my … Thanks thesaint. Is it easy enough to do? Just click on sign in, use my details? Then how do I make sure everything is deleted?

Go to account management, and deactivate the console, then delete your profile on the XMB by selecting it with a press of triangle. You could also format the hard drive of the PS3 before you leave to be doubly sure.

csiman

didnt think you could use your psn id in another region

You can.
    Edited by: "thesaint" 12th Oct 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844439
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543727
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767112
      4. PC Gamers - Steam Friends?933

See more discussions