Using slingbox mobile with 3?

2 replies
Found 4th Sep 2008
Anyone tried using slingbox mobile with 3? Was wondering if i could avoid buying their X-series gold add-on (£10/month), using the silver add-on instead (£5/month) and buy the software directly from uk.slingmedia.com (£20). Would the slingmedia software work without the silver add-on? Anyone tried?

2 Comments

Original Poster

AFAIK - anyone on anyother network would need to buy the slingbox mobile software for a one-off charge of £20 from slingmedia website. However, 3 seem to insist that you purchase a X-series gold addon (£10/month) although they provide the silngbox mobile software for free when you do so. I think thats unfair!!

I was thinking of buying the slingbox mobile software from the slingmedia website and using it with an X-series suilver addon instead (£5/month) but have no idea if this would work.

FYI i havent got a slingbox yet but was considering purchasing one, they seem cool.

3 also want to charge you for using ORB software!! Which is freeware!! They seem to insist that you purchase a X-series gold for the use of ORB and slingbox

See here ]http//ww…omp

if you have a X-Series compatible mobile, you get Slingbox free with 12 months GOLD add on

call customer services on 333, ask they arrange collection from a store for you & instruct the store the process via thier channel support team, you need to also have 12 months remaining on your contract
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415486
    2. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1524
    3. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled. (Statement from TT Games)1617
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522902

See more discussions