Using southern train tickets on alternative routes during disruption

Found 9th Dec 2017
When there are signal problems affecting southern trains, station staff states that southern train tickets can be used on alternative routes with other train operators. However, I was told by south western trains ticket inspectors that this is not the case yesterday when there was huge disruption with southern trains. This is very confusing as I hear announcement at train stations that tickets are accepted by other operators.

Is it simply because southern trains has to give the go ahead for their tickets to be used on alternative routes, and until the ticket inspectors from other train operators have received this decision from southern trains on the day itself, they won't accept southern trains tickets?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

Sounds like lack of communication.
is this grid any good found on Southern Rail
(found on National rail but the link still works
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 9th Dec 2017

Original Poster

Toptrumpet1 h, 13 m ago

Sounds like lack of communication.is this grid any good found on Southern …Sounds like lack of communication.is this grid any good found on Southern Rail(found on National rail but the link still works

where did you get that document? i saw an article on the getsurrey website yesterday that also stated that southern tickets were accepted by other operators because of the disruption, but i saw this later in the day as i didn't think of looking for it when the ticket inspector told me my ticket was not valid on south western trains.

nationalrail.co.uk have a comprehensive list of all the service providers and their partners that accept tickets on alternative routes during disruptions. Just click on whichever one you need. Just a pity that each station does not clearly display relevant information when travelling

Can you not a get a refund from South Western trains or is that like getting a delivery on time from Amazon

Original Poster

Toptrumpet2 h, 42 m ago

Can you not a get a refund from South Western trains or is that like …Can you not a get a refund from South Western trains or is that like getting a delivery on time from Amazon

i am going to claim delay compensation from southern trains. they don't refund tickets for disruption but they repay for delay if you apply. hopefully i will get the ticket cost back. it takes a month for any compensation to be processed though!

Just as quick as their journeys then! At least they're consistent.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants