Groups

Using the Barclays Electron Gift Card to avoid Ryanair surcharge

Taking the advice of a post some time back, I obtained a Gift Card from the Barclays web site. The card costs £3, and you pre-load it with an amount limited (I think) to £200. The card clearly states Visa Electron on the front so I anticipated no problem. However when I tried to use this as an Electron card on the Ryanair web site it would not accept it. Am I just unlucky, or have Ryanair tightened their conditions - the card is not reloadable so could be argued to not be a 'real' Electron card (whatever that is).

Can anyone advise of an alternative card that I can acquire, without taking out another bank account, which is currently being accepted as an Electron card by Ryanair.

12 Comments

We have to use Ryanair to get to Dublin! They keep changing the rules (making it up as they go along), and continue to con us. They'll get their money back for so-called free flights any way they can.

Banned

Royal mail apparently do a pre-pay electron card that is accepted as such

lumoruk;4350883

Royal mail apparently do a pre-pay electron card that is accepted as such

Is it this one?

postoffice.co.uk/por…661

Banned

Predikuesi;4350971

Is it this … Is it this one?http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1?catId=19300207&mediaId=26800661

Under the Visa symbol it says Electron so I imagine so :thumbsup:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/IMAGE/MediaItemRepository/80000483_travel_moneycard.gif

lumoruk;4351022

Under the Visa symbol it says Electron so I imagine so :thumbsup:

Gone to find my glasses:oops:

Original Poster

Thanks for the help. I'll give the Post Office one a try. I see that it's actually Bank of Ireland. So a Visa Electron card, which is re-loadable, from an Irish Bank. There's no way that Ryanair can decline that now is there :thinking:

Banned

anydiscount;4351883

Thanks for the help. I'll give the Post Office one a try. I see that it's … Thanks for the help. I'll give the Post Office one a try. I see that it's actually Bank of Ireland. So a Visa Electron card, which is re-loadable, from an Irish Bank. There's no way that Ryanair can decline that now is there :thinking:

wanna bet ? :w00t:

The ryanair website can be very difficult at times.

hotukdeals.com/ite…asy

i can confirm the post office one works, apply in store and use it the next day

someone said best thing to do is buy a Ryanair Gift card..... dont get charged for that and u can use that free...APPARENTLY....not done it..but will do next time...if there is a next time!

thomas cook also do one minimum top up £100 they charge £3 for this
    and it works on ryan air everytime :whistling:

cash passport thomas cook

magicbeans;4367171

someone said best thing to do is buy a Ryanair Gift card..... dont get … someone said best thing to do is buy a Ryanair Gift card..... dont get charged for that and u can use that free...APPARENTLY....not done it..but will do next time...if there is a next time!

Just made a false booking on Ryanair and checked all the payment options including the Ryanair Visa and Ryanair Mastercard. They were ALL CHARGED FEES EXCEPT ELECTRON.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1322
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866387
      3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4594775
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313801

See more discussions