Using vpn for cheaper fees - amazon prime

Posted 16th Oct
Hello

I use the “get around” whereby a vpn to get Netflix and YouTube premium for a couple of quid a month vs. The usual cost at about £15/month for both.

My amazon prime account free 6 months has recently run out and don’t want to be paying £5.99/ month.

Anyone have any experience when using a vpn to sign up for an amazon prime account - eg it costs £1.37/month for an amazon prime account in India.

Anyone tried or have experience? Cheers
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Doesn’t work that way with Amazon unfortunately. Prime is region specific for each account so you won’t be able to get prime on uk Amazon if you bought the Indian one.
5 Comments
Doesn’t work that way with Amazon unfortunately. Prime is region specific for each account so you won’t be able to get prime on uk Amazon if you bought the Indian one.
what would you use your prime account for?

I had a prime account with Amazon.ca (Canada) deliveries where free within Canada but not to the UK. So you would not get free delivery to anywhere other than your 'home country' (in your example 'India')
Edited by: "Gakusei" 16th Oct
the cheapest way is to get an NUS card via the many ways of doing so and complaining every time they don't deliver on time (which will result in free prime months or amazon vouchers)
Thanks for the feedback chaps.
If you have Indian Amazon Prime and you contact Customer Services is it actually some call centre in Basingstoke where they try to pretend they're in Mumbai?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants