uSwitch dual fuel switch (gas & electricity) - £30 cashback @ TCB plus your fuel savings - last month 600,000 people switched fuel! Over 1 million switched so far in 2018, a record.

Found 12th Mar
Well, it's taken a while but finally more people seem to have clicked that they can save a wodge of money by switching gas & electricity suppliers. Here are a few question & answers plus I guess there'll be some more in the comments.

1. How much money can I save? A: if you haven't switched in a couple of years you are probably paying more than £200 too much each year for your gas & electricity (average family house). Anybody on a variable rate tariff with the Big 6 suppliers is paying far too much.

2. How long does it take to switch? A - about 5 minutes online. Then you need to wait a couple of weeks for the switch to take effect.

3. What do I need to do? A: Run a fuel comparison using your postcode and choose a cheaper new tariff. Your new supplier will handle the rest of the work involved in switching.

4. Will I definitely find a cheaper tariff? A: yes, almost certainly, if you didn't switch for a year or so. I switched to the cheapest tariff (for my postcode) last month - Avro - and already there is a new deal £26/ year cheaper.

5. Anything to watch out for? A: you should try to avoid paying exit penalties from your existing supplier. All domestic customers can leave penalty-free if there are under 50 days left to go on the gas & electricity contract. You might want to take into consideration any new exit penalties that might go with your new contract. Even if you have to pay (say) £60 exit penalty, you can sometimes save money by switching.

6. Do I have to go through uSwitch? A: no, there are other 'switchers' including MSE or you can go direct. Not all suppliers pay cashback especially the cheapest, new entrants.

7. Is it worth the hassle? A: there's no hassle. It's 5 minutes of your time potentially to save hundreds of £££s, every year going forward.
Community Updates
3 Comments
deleted1391139
bigwheels17 m ago

Ive just switched from Sainsburys energy to british gas without a leaving …Ive just switched from Sainsburys energy to british gas without a leaving fee as same company.A way to leave can leave penalty-free if the saving is grea enought, is to switch to your current companys standard tariff which should not have an exit fee. then leave.They normaly only charge fees to leave them not to move within same company.I used Quidco who are offering £36.00 for a dual fuel switch last week. Offer is still on.

If you switch to Bulb (who have very good tariffs) they'll pay your exit fees for you
deleted139113912th Mar

If you switch to Bulb (who have very good tariffs) they'll pay your exit …If you switch to Bulb (who have very good tariffs) they'll pay your exit fees for you

Good point.
But I need suppliers who do Warm Home Discount Broader group.
Other wise it would be out fox the market.
For me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions