utility warehouse - too good to be true?

Found 3rd Jun 2016
Getting ready to move house and been looking at broadband/gas and electric and came across utility warehouse. They've quoted for line rental, broadband (up to 38mb), gas and electricity at our current usage rate (approx £45 a month) and 2 mobile phone contracts (500mins, unlimited texts, 1gb data - piggybacking ee) for £78 per month.
The problem is I don't know anyone that has used utility warehouse, so whilst they have fairly good reviews on trustpilot it's really difficult to find someone that has had experience of using the whole package. I'm a bit dubious, therefore, about tying up so many services in one company.
Do you have any experience of using them? And if so would you recommend them?
Thanks in advance.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

I have BB at a faster speed with VM for £18 a month, the same mobile contract as above costs me £6 a month on a 30 day rolling contract, so add on £45 for gas per your post and another phone and it's would be £75.

Never used the site u mention but the price seems in line with what I currently pay so I'd say it's very possible, especially if it increases after a while

never used them but know a guy who works for them and he's got no complaints.

There are part of a much larger company whose name I can't recall but they aren't going to go bust any time soon. They are bigger than BT.

never used them but know a guy who works for them and he's got no … never used them but know a guy who works for them and he's got no complaints.There are part of a much larger company whose name I can't recall but they aren't going to go bust any time soon. They are bigger than BT.

Bigger then BT? What a load of **&%^ Utility Warehouse is owned by Telecom Plus who are listed on the LSE. BT total value £42.56 billion Utility Warehouse £823 million. So many times smaller then BT.

To the OP's question they are a legitimate company, the link below is from the Guardian,

theguardian.com/mon…tor

Edited by: "Argoj" 3rd Jun 2016

didn't say utility warehouse were bigger than BT.

Original Poster

Thanks all. More concerned whether the services are reliable than if they're likely to go bust. Will keep deal hunting and see if anything better comes up in the mean time!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions