UV Code Buying In The UK - Now That Its Banned on eBay [July 2015]

Found 1st Jul 2015
Following eBays decision to ban the sale of UV codes, I cant seem to find anywhere else to buy them!

There seems to be a plethora of US sites pop up that dispense the codes - and I know some sellers used to sell the US ones because it was "easy to get them to work on your UK Flixster" - but I always think these 'workarounds' are all a bit of a naughty/will-eventually-come-tumbling-down-upon-thee situations.

So does anyone know any sites selling UK UV Codes?

Started a new thread, because all the UV code questions ive read on here seem to be super old - and nothing to do with eBays recent'ish announcement.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

If you're going to do something that's "not quite legit", you may as well use the likes of Showbox etc

people are still listing UV codes on ebay saw about 300 of them this morning

safctopcat

people are still listing UV codes on ebay saw about 300 of them this … people are still listing UV codes on ebay saw about 300 of them this morning

278 to be exact.

Original Poster

safctopcat

people are still listing UV codes on ebay saw about 300 of them this … people are still listing UV codes on ebay saw about 300 of them this morning

Randomly, I have a saved search which is something like;

(UV, "Ultra Violet", Ultraviolet, Flixster) Code

And it returned one result, when its the link I use to buy all my UVs... Hence why I then searched and found the eBay Article saying they have banned the sale of them.

Also, I wouldnt consider buying UV codes not "legit". As when you buy the DVD you're also buying a digital version of it...

...Which im then buying off them

I dont see a UV Copy as being a back up to the original.

Not sure if thats the grey area that has made them remove them for sale.

No wonder your saved search shows zero matches, the likelihood of a item being listed with "UV, "Ultra Violet", Ultraviolet, Flixster" in the title is near to zero

Daytrader

No wonder your saved search shows zero matches, the likelihood of a item … No wonder your saved search shows zero matches, the likelihood of a item being listed with "UV, "Ultra Violet", Ultraviolet, Flixster" in the title is near to zero

Just to add to this.....

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/search/search-commands.html

Brackets + items separated by commas Act together as an OR operator Note: You should use both of these operators (i.e. brackets around items separated by commas) for best results. (purse,handbag) returns items that contain either the word purse OR handbag in the title.

As to the grey area that this is considered, I'd agree that they supply the codes and if people wish to given them to other people and some money trades hands for the postage and packaging aspects I can't see an issue as you purchased the disk because it came with the code to do with as you wanted. It's really no different to buying say a computer with 2 sticks of RAM and selling one of them on because you don't need/have a use for it.

Original Poster

@Astec123 is my hero.

Don't get a lot of other members defending the others but I'm glad my ethics and my search strings are being defended in my absence.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions