Expired

Uvinum

Found 2nd May 2016
Don't ever be tempted to use this company, they're a con outfit.
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
... how?

Bought a few bottles of a speciality wine from spain.. shipped and received with no issues whatsoever.
Looks like Trustpilot has a few 'padded' reviews, and the company offers voucher incentives in return. Saying that, it sounds like a legitimate company with suspect customer services
Edited by: "drasim" 2nd May 2016
I bought 14 bottles of Campari from them, had to up the quantity to get the sweet spot for price per bottle, bargain price, it was tracked from Spain, turned up as expected.

What have you experienced.?
drasim

Looks like Trustpilot has a few 'padded' reviews, and the company offers … Looks like Trustpilot has a few 'padded' reviews, and the company offers voucher incentives in return. Saying that, it sounds like a legitimate company with suspect customer services

Have a look at trust pilot for John Lewis and see if you can believe what is said there about a company which most hotdealers use.

I would put this post down to spam from a new user but this one has gone a little bit further and opened their account years ago and posted only this post, very strange.
http://67.media.tumblr.com/458ff9858ae7987d6cf37633861fb805/tumblr_nckxho08XC1tr4jrlo8_250.gif
Original Poster
Hi, I bought 12 ltrs of Captain Morgan rum from these charlatans. They neglected to point out to me that the rum was an import thus subjected to income tax. The goods were seized by the Border Police who have a policy of destroying such goods, even if you are willing to pay the tax. When I contacted Uvinum all I got was a load of delaying tactics & bull. They expressed no interest in helping me out or compensating me, just lie after lie. They have my contempt.
As far as I can see from their website they are a middle man a bit like Amazon. It may be that the fault is with the seller you bought this from .
Original Poster
Amazon take responsibility for the things they sell. If you have a problem they'll try and resolve it. Uvinum just don't want know.
JRoss

Hi, I bought 12 ltrs of Captain Morgan rum from these charlatans. They … Hi, I bought 12 ltrs of Captain Morgan rum from these charlatans. They neglected to point out to me that the rum was an import thus subjected to income tax. The goods were seized by the Border Police who have a policy of destroying such goods, even if you are willing to pay the tax. When I contacted Uvinum all I got was a load of delaying tactics & bull. They expressed no interest in helping me out or compensating me, just lie after lie. They have my contempt.

It does quite clearly on the site tell you where your are buying from.
Original Poster
I beg to differ. Anyway the sales invoice I was sent showed everything, cost of rum, delivery charge & admin charge. Not a word or advice re import duties.
In an e-mail Uvinum actually said they "usually" manage to get the goods through Customs without paying the tax which says to me that they know they are taking shortcuts.
JRoss

I beg to differ. Anyway the sales invoice I was sent showed everything, … I beg to differ. Anyway the sales invoice I was sent showed everything, cost of rum, delivery charge & admin charge. Not a word or advice re import duties.In an e-mail Uvinum actually said they "usually" manage to get the goods through Customs without paying the tax which says to me that they know they are taking shortcuts.

It says location on the item page. it doesnt need to say it on the invoice.
They don't take shortcuts... they are a middleman from suppliers.

Bottom line is you should have been more careful.
I have been stung in the same way buying some items from America that i thought was shipping from the UK.

It happens. You accept that you screwed up and move on.
Original Poster
I do and have done. I obviously missed the minor detail on their website. My point is that they should make it more clear. If they had responded to me with a little respect I would have just shrugged this off. Middlemen still have a responsibility.
I'm sorry if you have taken offence to my post. I was just trying to raise a flag to anyone using this company, I thought that was the point of this forum. I'll think a bit more before I make future comments.
BEWARE ......
order placed for 6 bottles which came from there different outlets so they charge carriage from the separate outlets.
5 bottles came in one box which was split at the bottom and missing bottles which has had no resolution yet after 7 days and loads of emails.
then to top it all i returned the single bottle as the carriage was more than double the bottle purchased, to be told carriage was going to be removed from any reimbursement.
I THOUGHT I WAS BUYING GOODS FROM ONE COMPANY AND PAYING ONE LOT OF CARRIAGE.
BEFORE YOU HIT THE PAY BUTTON TAKE THE TIME TO READ THROUGH THE INVOICE.
STILL WAITING FOR A RESOLUTION TO THE MISSING BOTTLES SAGA....... 4 WEEKS 7 E MAILS AND 4 PHONE CALLS .......
CONCLUSION
the single bottle purchase cost £8.63 carriage £19.47 then i was told to send it back which i did. this is the reply.
The courier just gave us the confirmation of the 2 damaged bottles.

On the other hand, the courier of the package you've rejected charged us for the shipping back to the shop La Vinatería. The total cost of shipping, one way + return of the package you've rejected is 67.54€.

We were supposed to refund you the bottle you've rejected (9,15€) plus the 2 missing bottles of Seagram's Gin (27,38€), in total 36,53€, but we have to charge you the 67,54€ that the courier is charging us. So, as you can see, in this case we cannot refund money to you, because the issue costed us more than the amount we were supposed to reimburse. We feel really sorry about this.

Thank you for contacting Uvinum.

Best regards,
German Paccaloni | Uvinum Customer Service Team

how can a single bottle of drink cost soo much in carrage.
BAD EXPERIENCE.... DONT GET CAUGHT
PS THE BOTTLES WERNT DAMAGED IT WAS THE BOX
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants