Banned 11
Found 8th Jun 2009
v

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

I hope not, because I am planning on doing this

Probably not, just don't download any massive files! I've been browsing on my netbook with my phone hooked up to it for a few weeks and no complaints so far (I have a simplicity contract with the internet bolt on).

If you buy the iPhone SIM and whack that in a dongle then I don't think they like that at all.

They will know now.

This is the www not a private forum

Assuming its an iphone sim?

if so no probs I've got one in a mobile dongle, so long as you dont cane it with youtube,downloads etc. Mind you mines PAYG so only risking the ten pound activation credit if I get charged full rate, wouldnt want to chance it with contract, its easier to get caught using in a dongle though because if they notice large data throughput they compare the connecting devices IMEI to known iphone then cut you off if theres no tally.

J4GG4;5439609

They will know now.This is the www not a private forum

yeah but they dont know that bykergrove is really an mp on another fiddle................

...................oops they do now!:whistling:

is there an easy guide to do this.

i have a sony ericsson k800i and a pb laptop.

any help would be appriciated.

i suppose tehering,so you can just surf might be no problem with o2.

rasanh;5439652

is there an easy guide to do this.i have a sony ericsson k800i and a pb … is there an easy guide to do this.i have a sony ericsson k800i and a pb laptop.any help would be appriciated.i suppose tehering,so you can just surf might be no problem with o2.

Its slightly different phone to phone but usually its just a case of connecting your phone to the laptop then starting the connection software/suite for your phone and selecting modem.

bykergrove;5439689

nah its not an iphone sim. got it with my touch hd.I have unlimited … nah its not an iphone sim. got it with my touch hd.I have unlimited internet and cane it with my phone anyway (i asked o2 about this before i bought it and they said unlimited is unlimited)i was just wondering other than data patterns is there any way for them to know?I just wanna use it to surf every now and again on a bigger screen eg when im in a park or something. I'm not going to torrent anything.

You will be cushty then taking it you mean emails/general browsing/facebook hukd etc?

rasanh;5439652

is there an easy guide to do this.i have a sony ericsson k800i and a pb … is there an easy guide to do this.i have a sony ericsson k800i and a pb laptop.any help would be appriciated.i suppose tehering,so you can just surf might be no problem with o2.

I use a k800i. It's pretty simple.

- Connect your K800i to your computer using the USB cable
- Select Phone Mode (on the k800i)
- (On the phone) go to Settings --> Connectivity --> USB --> USB internet --> USB Data Accounts --> now select the account (mine is called 02 WAP GPRS (i'm on O2), it'll be something similar to that..
- Now, go back one menu to "USB Internet" and select "Turn On".

Your computer may prompt you to install the driver for your phone. Here's a link I found for the USB and modem drivers for k800i: ]http//ds…exe
Extract the driver files somewhere and when the Add Hardware Wizard pops up prompting you to install a driver for your phone, select "no, not this time", then "install from a list or specific location" then check the box next to "include this location in the search", then click browse and find the folder where you extracted the driver files and click OK. Now click next and follow the rest of the wizard through.

Does anyone know how to teether a sony c902 to an apple laptop? been trying for ages, but sony dont make the correcdt software available and thought I would pick peoples brains!

oldmanhouse

thanks for taking the time out and telling me/us.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition831109
    2. Win Longines Ladies Watch worth £117044
    3. Ending: 03/12 - A giveaway for a £175 Freedom To Exist Watch12
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515

See more discussions