V+ box does it only come in HD

Found 3rd Mar 2009
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I am looking to switch my tv to virgin as I have the phone and broadband with them and theres no way I would swap all to sky as they can only offer 2.5meg as apposed to my constant 20meg on virgin.

I dont have a HDtv and dont really care for one but guy at virgin says I have to have a V+ HD box if I want to be able to record tv etc like I do with Sky+.

Is this true or can I not just have a normal V+ box?

Thanks in advance

6 Comments

Banned

v+ is hd but it wont make a difference if you dont have a hdtv, you will just watch and record like normal

its not like virgin has any hd channels anyways

crispwarez;4538147

v+ is hd but it wont make a difference if you dont have a hdtv, you will … v+ is hd but it wont make a difference if you dont have a hdtv, you will just watch and record like normalits not like virgin has any hd channels anyways

2nd'd

Original Poster

I know it dont make a diiference but then I am paying for a format dont need. Looks like im sticking with sky then.

Banned

i have heard there are ways of recording virgin without a v+ box

but £75-£150 for a v+ box you never own and no hd channels anyway takes the P
oh and dont forget the £5 a month charge for the v+ box too (its for the hd or recording functions or something)

Hi, if you don't want to pay extra why don't you buy a hdd/dvd recorder? That's what we have been using for years....

You just connect a scart from the v box to the hdd recorder.

you will still get better picture quality on most channels with a V+ box, just set the output to 480p and connect via scart to a standard def TV.

You probably will not notice any difference on BBC, ITV, C$ and so on but Living, Sky, Bravo, Five, etc all have better picture quality over the standard V-Box.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge12
    2. Headphones for Ps4?11
    3. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?1019
    4. Lost my CEX membership Card?22

See more discussions