Groups

V+ Box Help

I currently have a standard box that I want to change to a v+ box, I have the xl package so I do not have to pay extra per month. The only thing is the box is £100 from them. Anyone know a cheaper place to get one?. And I assume if I just get one of ebay i can just plug it in?.

Thanks

6 Comments

I've just had a look on Virgin:-

V+: Installation fee is £75 (usually £150) for new V+ customers. V+ subscription is included with TV size: XL. There is a £5 a month charge for TV size: M and L. Half price installation offer ends 30.06.08.

allyours.virginmedia.com/htm…tml

Hope this helps.

The £100 is if you already have a V+ box.

I've just changed from having the standard V box....

i had the 3 for £30 option (phone tv & broadband)

i rang virgin retentions department and threatened to cancel & gave them the reason that i wanted to go to sky and have the sky plus box. They asked me how much they were doing the deal for to whichj i replied £30 all in... Straight away they offered me the XL package & a virgin+ box along with broadband and phone all for £30 per month so long as i pay a £35 fee by debit card for the virgin+ box...

go on give them a call... its worth a try.... seems like they will do anything to keep you :-)

tim.

I was in exactly the same situation as you about a year ago. I phoned retentions and said that I was thinking about leaving as I wanted a cheaper package price. I politely verbally wore out the poor guy at the other end of the phone to try and get the best deal, I ended up with the V+ box for £50 with free installation.and the package that we already had with them (XL tv, XL bb and free evening and weekend calls) for £35 a month for the duration of us staying with them. Just have to stay with them for a min. of 18 months :).

TIM7900;2403940

I've just changed from having the standard V box.... i had the 3 for £30 … I've just changed from having the standard V box.... i had the 3 for £30 option (phone tv & broadband)i rang virgin retentions department and threatened to cancel & gave them the reason that i wanted to go to sky and have the sky plus box. They asked me how much they were doing the deal for to whichj i replied £30 all in... Straight away they offered me the XL package & a virgin+ box along with broadband and phone all for £30 per month so long as i pay a £35 fee by debit card for the virgin+ box...go on give them a call... its worth a try.... seems like they will do anything to keep you :-)tim.

Even with sky you have to pay £99 for installation of the sky plus box so how do you put up a good argument with virgin to get it for free?
    I'd like the V+ services but dont want to pay £75 for it

When I upgraded last year, Virgin waved their installation fee as I had my original box put upstairs for the kids - I pay £5 per month for the kids but nothing extra for the V+.

I just got the v+ for £37.50!!!!
    XL tv package, sky sports, sky movies, 10mb broadband, and phone for £60.50 a month. It pays to cancel lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tradesmen battery power tools.11
      2. What to do?????45
      3. Now tv entertainment passes22
      4. Any free Now TV sports passes?33

See more discussions