Groups

V+ box qestion

hi everyone,
    i am looking to upgrade to v+ but they are charging £75 for the box, but if i can get hold of another one will they tell me off or do you think they can activate it in my name some how?
    thanks in advance for any help

4 Comments

just ring up retentions i did for mil and got it for £30

blag them say your leave, sky is cheaper blah blah blah

Banned

nope, virgin boxes are all property of virgin, any other box will be stolen ,and blacklisted

they will have the serial number and then your address....

Original Poster

just ring up retentions i did for mil and got it for £30blag them say … just ring up retentions i did for mil and got it for £30blag them say your leave, sky is cheaper blah blah blah

tried but im still tied in with them

nope, virgin boxes are all property of virgin, any other box will be … nope, virgin boxes are all property of virgin, any other box will be stolen ,and blacklistedthey will have the serial number and then your address....

that what i've read but just wondered if anyone had tried using one, thanks for reply

the card and box are paired, so as the boxes are rented, you can't just buy one and activate it.
    buying something thats rented is obtaining stolen property and it simply won't work.
    they won't activate it and will wanna know where you got it so they can prosecute both you and the seller.

chipped/flashed cable boxes will be made into doorstops in the coming months with the new smartcard/encryption service.

ring 150 on your phone (if you have landline with them) choose the option for 'if youre thinking of leaving us'
    tell them sky have offered you a good deal to go with them (choose something from one of the many posts on here) and see what they'll do to keep you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fitted Sheet45
      2. Good Sim only deals??45
      3. Virgin Media when moving house44
      4. ID Mobile or T-mobile data?45

See more discussions