Groups

"V" - lizard thingy space monster rodent munching scifi lark

mod
    If you are of a certain age (cough cough ahem) you will remember the original with Freddy Kruger
    Anyway, starting at 10pm on SciFi channel (Sky 129) the new version starts
    So sit back and enjoy a fun and daft bit of sci fi

33 Comments

Cool.... I was only a kid, but I LOVED this series!!!
    Thanks andy! ;-)

Original Poster mod

dmh77;8350979

Cool.... I was only a kid, but I LOVED this series!!! Thanks andy! ;-)

Double episode n all

Lol... you think it will be as good? ( or bad, as the case may be!)

iv been watching it,im just about to watch episode 4, iv literally watched 2 and 3 in the last 2 hrs,found it odd that i clicked on here whilewaiting for 4 to buffer n saw this thread.
    watch the first 6 here(ull need divxweb player)
    ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/ind…204
    im enjoying it,i never saw the originals

*cough cough

have watched it :whistling:

its slow but ok, not a patch on the old series

Original Poster mod

dmh77;8350990

Lol... you think it will be as good? ( or bad, as the case may be!)

It has good reviews
    Bet its totally different to the lush version we remember as kids (ie Battlestar Galactica different)
    But it was essential viewing back then and I'm fair old looking forward to it

choc1969;8350993

*cough coughhave watched it :whistling:its slow but ok, not a patch on … *cough coughhave watched it :whistling:its slow but ok, not a patch on the old series

HIYA!!!!

Long time no see!!! :friends:

You have to quit work again!!!!

How are you?

Original Poster mod

choc1969;8350993

*cough cough[COLOR="Red"]have watched it[/COLOR] :whistling:its slow but … *cough cough[COLOR="Red"]have watched it[/COLOR] :whistling:its slow but ok, not a patch on the old series

Show off

andywedge;8350995

It has good reviewsBet its totally different to the lush version we … It has good reviewsBet its totally different to the lush version we remember as kids (ie Battlestar Galactica different)But it was essential viewing back then and I'm fair old looking forward to it

so is it on tommorow night?.... ( or tonight! lol)

dmh77;8350996

HIYA!!!! Long time no see!!! :friends:You have to quit work again!!!!How … HIYA!!!! Long time no see!!! :friends:You have to quit work again!!!!How are you?

contemplating quitting work lol but two weeks off is bliss :-D

hope you're good hun, I'm doing ok after some ups and downs

andywedge;8350997

Show off

Insomnia babe, insomnia...........can you recommend any new sci fi shows I may have missed ? :whistling:

choc1969;8351004

contemplating quitting work lol but two weeks off is bliss :-Dhope you're … contemplating quitting work lol but two weeks off is bliss :-Dhope you're good hun, I'm doing ok after some ups and downs :)Insomnia babe, insomnia...........can you recommend any new sci fi shows I may have missed ? :whistling:

Hmmmm ..... we all get those, glad you are ok! :thumbsup:

I have another week with the kids off school... opposite of bliss!!!! lol :w00t:

youtube.com/wat…F18 That scene haunted my childhood and still gives me goosebumps to this day....

dmh77;8351011

Hmmmm ..... we all get those, glad you are ok! :thumbsup:I have another … Hmmmm ..... we all get those, glad you are ok! :thumbsup:I have another week with the kids off school... opposite of bliss!!!! lol :w00t:

I've spent all my time off with kids :thinking:

Think I'm mad.......:oops:

Mallinersha;8351013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TufUH1T-F18 That scene haunted my … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TufUH1T-F18 That scene haunted my childhood and still gives me goosebumps to this day....

Looooooooool.... I remember watching that!!! :w00t:

I was 7... :oops:

choc1969;8351026

I've spent all my time off with kids :thinking:Think I'm mad.......:oops:

Lol... I think you are mad too!!! :w00t:

... in a good way though! :-D

Original Poster mod

choc1969;8351004

contemplating quitting work lol but two weeks off is bliss :-Dhope you're … contemplating quitting work lol but two weeks off is bliss :-Dhope you're good hun, I'm doing ok after some ups and downs :)Insomnia babe, insomnia...........can you recommend any new sci fi shows I may have missed ? :whistling:

I am getting into Heroes all over again

andywedge;8351036

I am getting into Heroes all over again

pah

Original Poster mod

choc1969;8351042

pah

4400?
    Firefly?
    DS9? (thats the one most ST fans missed and last 3 series are awesome)
    Mystery Science Theater 3000] LINK
    and ]LINK again

andywedge;8351076

[B]4400?Firefly?DS9? (thats the one most ST fans missed and last 3 series … [B]4400?Firefly?DS9? (thats the one most ST fans missed and last 3 series are awesome)[COLOR=Red]Mystery Science Theater 3000] LINK[/COLOR][COLOR=Red] and ]LINK again[/COLOR]

Now you are just making me laugh :w00t:

Watched all the ST shows, hated Firefly and got bored with the 4400

the simpsons is so stupid, it used to be good before. now its just comedy clips without no plot

Taping it just now but noticed earlier my sci fi channel now says syfy - when did that change? Sure it didn't say that a couple of days ago when I put it into sky+. What's that all about?

Banned

Was interested but it's been fairly negatively received over the pond.

choc1969;8351078

Now you are just making me laugh :w00t:Watched all the ST shows, hated … Now you are just making me laugh :w00t:Watched all the ST shows, hated Firefly and got bored with the 4400

hated firefly?!?!?!?! wonderful piece of tv and serenity is the film star wars wants to be.

the 4400 is the tv show heroes should've been.

As for V, seen 6 eps and it's fairly good, seems a bit rushed at times but it's better than most things on tv right now.

Banned

ants97;8358890

hated firefly?!?!?!?! wonderful piece of tv and serenity is the film star … hated firefly?!?!?!?! wonderful piece of tv and serenity is the film star wars wants to be.the 4400 is the tv show heroes should've been.As for V, seen 6 eps and it's fairly good, seems a bit rushed at times but it's better than most things on tv right now.

Remind me to check with you first if you watch a show I'm interested in. Seems you pick all the doomed shows.

master_chief;8358911

Remind me to check with you first if you watch a show I'm interested in. … Remind me to check with you first if you watch a show I'm interested in. Seems you pick all the doomed shows.

lol tell me about it. just started watching 24 last month meh.

Banned

ants97;8358931

lol tell me about it. just started watching 24 last month meh.

Nothing worse than a show you like being cancelled (well I guess death maybe worse).

Few examples of shows I liked that got cancelled:

Pushing Daisies
    Journeyman
    Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Futurama (though resurrected)

That's all I can remember at the moment.

V is likely to get cancelled too, another reason I'm not watching. I'm more or less not watching any new shows unless they get renewed for a second series, and even then I'm wary.

master_chief;8358984

Nothing worse than a show you like being cancelled (well I guess death … Nothing worse than a show you like being cancelled (well I guess death maybe worse).Few examples of shows I liked that got cancelled:Pushing DaisiesJourneymanSarah Connor ChroniclesFuturama (though resurrected)That's all I can remember at the moment.V is likely to get cancelled too, another reason I'm not watching. I'm more or less not watching any new shows unless they get renewed for a second series, and even then I'm wary.

all great shows. sarah connor chronicles was gutting as the campaign to get a 3rd season was massive and then dollhouse gets kept on instead, as good as dollhouse at times threatened to be it was like getting a kick in the balls everytime I watched it and now like you I'm wary of getting too attached to any new show.

Not sure about V getting cancelled, it's pretty much "on the bubble" which means it could go either way although I wouldn't put any cash on it coming back despite decent(ish) ratings.

Banned

ants97;8359048

all great shows. sarah connor chronicles was gutting as the campaign to … all great shows. sarah connor chronicles was gutting as the campaign to get a 3rd season was massive and then dollhouse gets kept on instead, as good as dollhouse at times threatened to be it was like getting a kick in the balls everytime I watched it and now like you I'm wary of getting too attached to any new show. Not sure about V getting cancelled, it's pretty much "on the bubble" which means it could go either way although I wouldn't put any cash on it coming back despite decent(ish) ratings.

Yeah I saw it on the bubble list and with no real faithful following established yet and less than stellar reviews I'm waging it gets cancelled.

Makes me laugh everytime I pass yet another billboard with anna's face on it. We started watching this 5 months ago ffs. Sci Fi channel must like burning money.

Banned

pinkleponkle;8359396

Makes me laugh everytime I pass yet another billboard with anna's face on … Makes me laugh everytime I pass yet another billboard with anna's face on it. We started watching this 5 months ago ffs. Sci Fi channel must like burning money.

You mean SyFi.

Why is it called V?
    Still prefer the original. I usually hate remakes.

Oriana the Quiet;8373766

You mean SyFi.Why is it called V?Still prefer the original. I usually … You mean SyFi.Why is it called V?Still prefer the original. I usually hate remakes.

Thought it was SyFy?

V is for Visitors. And you're right - original was better. They shouldn't mess with originals I think they're for reminiscing about how bad tv really was then!

Banned

kaks26;8373862

Thought it was SyFy?V is for Visitors. And you're right - original was … Thought it was SyFy?V is for Visitors. And you're right - original was better. They shouldn't mess with originals I think they're for reminiscing about how bad tv really was then!

Yep you're right thanks for the correction.

I don't understand why they had to needed to change the spelling of the channel name.

Banned

V been renewed for a second season.

May give it a chance now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846166
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764206
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio44
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136

See more discussions