V5 declaration signed date is not recently (a few weeks) & no old owners signature - is this ok?

Posted 4th Nov
I remembered filling in my V5 but I misplaced it and didn’t send it right away and have just found it now and it’s also missing the ‘registered owners’ signature, just has mine on it as the new owner. So my issues are that there is only 1 signature and also that mine is an older date than the present - would that still be ok to send off? Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Welcome to HUKD, your contribution is appreciated.
@hannah.reeves

"I remembered filling in my V5 but I misplaced it and didn’t send it right away and have just found it now and it’s also missing the ‘registered owners’ signature, just has mine on it as the new owner. So my issues are that there is only 1 signature and also that mine is an older date than the present - would that still be ok to send off? Thanks."

38903725-btHnc.jpg

Did you follow the instructions under "What the person buying the vehicle must do"?
From memory you have a small green slip.
The seller has the large part and sends it off.
Its been 3 years since I purchased a car though.
It’s the sellers responsibility to send it off.
On a positive note, you’re driving around in a vehicle which isn’t registered to you, which I’m assuming when you took out insurance, you were asked if the vehicle is registered to you or not.... making a potential false declaration and invalidating your insurance. On another positive note, the registered keeper hasn’t reported the vehicle as stolen so you haven’t been arrested
It won't matter that its dated a few weeks ago and regarding the missing previous owners signature, just scribble something in there, it'll be fine.
If the seller gave you the whole V5 keep section 10 though until your new V5 arrives.
Edited by: "Delbert.Grady" 4th Nov
Delbert.Grady04/11/2019 23:05

It won't matter that its dated a few weeks ago and regarding the missing …It won't matter that its dated a few weeks ago and regarding the missing previous owners signature, just scribble something in there, it'll be fine.If the seller gave you the whole V5 keep section 10 though until your new V5 arrives.

I’m just nervous about getting fined or worse (it says that on it). I’m still a new driver so I’m very unsure and I didn’t realise I wasn’t supposed to have the whole thing until I’ve found it now and seen that there’s no signature for the previous owners and obviously that I signed a bit ago. Thanks for the comment it’s put my mind at ease it’s stressed me out a bit over the past few days. 🏼 🏼 🏼 🏼
Presumably it’s been untaxed since the date you put on the form. If you put 31 Oct then the previous owner will have tax refunded from 1 Nov.
Doesnt matter

all the new v5 log books dont require a signature
hannah.reeves04/11/2019 23:16

I’m just nervous about getting fined or worse (it says that on it). I’m sti …I’m just nervous about getting fined or worse (it says that on it). I’m still a new driver so I’m very unsure and I didn’t realise I wasn’t supposed to have the whole thing until I’ve found it now and seen that there’s no signature for the previous owners and obviously that I signed a bit ago. Thanks for the comment it’s put my mind at ease it’s stressed me out a bit over the past few days. 🏼 🏼 🏼 🏼

Dont worry about it, doesnt need a signature. Having a v5 doesnt make you the legal owner. Its who is responsible for the vehicle.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants