V8S Openbox +12 month Gift advice

Found 30th Nov 2015
So I know a little about what dreamboxes and clones are capable of... Like free to air and the "gift"
I was thinking with Christmas coming it might be worth getting a box for the kids to watch but I have a few question that maybe some people on here can answer.

Does the gift usually include HD channels?
Is it better to just get a box and get the gift elsewhere? if so do you know a reliable place to purchase.
is the v8s a reliable box?
If I want to record I just connect an external HDD?

I know there used to be a sat thread but that seems to have vanished.

If you can't answer thats fine, but if you have any experience or tips where to look please let me know
Community Updates
MiscIntelChromebook
12 Comments
I have one Inc gift and to be honest I rarely watch it if ever as everything I need is on kodi. you are best getting a android box or stick like the fire stick putting kodi on it and a decent build like Andy's build. loads of kids stuff on it.
caverncity

I have one Inc gift and to be honest I rarely watch it if ever as … I have one Inc gift and to be honest I rarely watch it if ever as everything I need is on kodi. you are best getting a android box or stick like the fire stick putting kodi on it and a decent build like Andy's build. loads of kids stuff on it.

Thanks for the advice. I have played with xbmc/kodi before but never looked into builds or addons, I shall take a look
Andy's and the beast both as good as one another also a good one called STB but their server was/is down.
does it run well from a fire stick?
it does yes, you need to sideload it, very easy plenty of instructions on the net.
Is this the thread your looking for:
hotukdeals.com/mis…614

The "gifts" don't always include HD channels. I have an openbox and happy with it for my needs but you don't get an epg on them if that's important for you. You can use external hard drive or just a memory stick.
Does the gift usually include HD channels? only free to air HD channels
Is it better to just get a box and get the gift elsewhere? if so do you know a reliable place to purchase. The gift is what makes the box so you need to find a good line
is the v8s a reliable box? Yes
If I want to record I just connect an external HDD? You can do but you can only record what you're watching, you can't record a channel while watching another.

Any in reply to the above poster, the openbox v8 DOES have an EPG
mjccam

Does the gift usually include HD channels? only free to air HD channelsIs … Does the gift usually include HD channels? only free to air HD channelsIs it better to just get a box and get the gift elsewhere? if so do you know a reliable place to purchase. The gift is what makes the box so you need to find a good lineis the v8s a reliable box? YesIf I want to record I just connect an external HDD? You can do but you can only record what you're watching, you can't record a channel while watching another.Any in reply to the above poster, the openbox v8 DOES have an EPG

BT Sport is still HD
The EPG is pretty rubbish isn't it though
If you want HD you need to go down the IPTV route. It's where everyone from the sat scene is moving over to.
Thanks for the comments and responses I shall wait on any purchase and do more research into andys build and iptv
ChrisUK

If you want HD you need to go down the IPTV route. It's where everyone … If you want HD you need to go down the IPTV route. It's where everyone from the sat scene is moving over to.

​we don't need riff raff coming over X) X)

Good iptv provider is way to go these days.
StevenBrown

Thanks for the comments and responses I shall wait on any purchase and do … Thanks for the comments and responses I shall wait on any purchase and do more research into andys build and iptv

​you don't need to have a build. Just download the add ons you need.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions