Vacancies with immediate start at Iceland & Asda

Expert (Beta)33
Posted 19th MarEdited by:"myusernamehasgone234"
Staff wanted to help feed the nation.

Temporary employment with immediate start

icelandcareers.co.uk/3424763.jpg
I thought this might be useful to share I will also update with other opportunities I believe other supermarket are also looking for staff

Co-op creates 5,000 jobs for people who lost jobs to coronavirus

google.co.uk/amp…mp/

Asda

Employees working at Asda House in Leeds have issued an urgent appeal for new staff at short notice to help the supermarket chain deal with the surge in coronavirus demand.

google.co.uk/amp…amp
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

33 Comments
Asda

Employees working at Asda House in Leeds have issued an urgent appeal for new staff at short notice to help the supermarket chain deal with the surge in coronavirus demand.

google.co.uk/amp…amp
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 19th Mar
Thought it said vaccines in the country Iceland
TheRatedSeller19/03/2020 17:49

Thought it said vaccines in the country Iceland

Panicked then that I had miss spelt it

Spelling and grammer aren’t strong points of mine
Nice
MrSwitch19/03/2020 17:53

Nice

Thanks.

I hope this will be useful for some people.
I can’t apply

Have to stay home and mind the kids
Edited by: "ashmac" 19th Mar
ashmac19/03/2020 18:04

I can’t apply Have to stay home mind the kids

I thought there is likely to be a lot of people without kids facing uncertainty with regards to their income who may be interested in these roles.
deleted8085819/03/2020 18:06

Lol, very good

How anyone has a clue what I'm on about half the time I never know.

My phone has a habit of sabotaging my comments with typos too as if I didn't already struggle enough.

I think I have to edit just about ever single comment I make
myusernamehasgone23419/03/2020 18:10

How anyone has a clue what I'm on about half the time I never know. My …How anyone has a clue what I'm on about half the time I never know. My phone has a habit of sabotaging my comments with typos too as if I didn't already struggle enough. I think I have to edit just about ever single comment I make

40140625-ggtAN.jpg
deleted8085819/03/2020 18:16

Just leave it, it adds character to it

Thanks thats a nice way to put it.
Co-op creates 5,000 jobs for people who lost jobs to coronavirus

google.co.uk/amp…mp/
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 19th Mar
myusernamehasgone23419/03/2020 17:51

Panicked then that I had miss spelt it Spelling and grammer aren’t s …Panicked then that I had miss spelt it Spelling and grammer aren’t strong points of mine

You are doing fine, other than the spelling of "grammar"
Morrisons are also going to be taking people on for about 8 weeks
Thanks MUNHG, just applied for two jobs on hubby’s behalf. I hope he’s not going to be mad with me when he finds out.
Toptrumpet19/03/2020 19:07

Thanks MUNHG, just applied for two jobs on hubby’s behalf. I hope he’s not …Thanks MUNHG, just applied for two jobs on hubby’s behalf. I hope he’s not going to be mad with me when he finds out.

Glad someone has found it useful
Masks should be issued to every supermarket worker in the UK.
Speculator19/03/2020 19:47

Masks should be issued to every supermarket worker in the UK.

Only if you have chosen to ignore every bit of medical advice.
Speculator19/03/2020 20:28

Not "every"I am listening to Hong Kong medical advice. Don't trust UK/US …Not "every"I am listening to Hong Kong medical advice. Don't trust UK/US experts or Boris. Hong Kongers went through SARS so they have more experience and know what they are talking about. google.com/amp/s/time.com/5799964/coronavirus-face-mask-asia-us/%3famp=true[Image] [Image]

Difference is, they are accustomed to wearing masks. Half the problem is lack of wearing something on the face. People will forever, tweak, adjust etc. Which brings their hands up close to or into all the wet areas of the face (Eyes, nose and mouth). Which from unwashed hands is worse than someone coughing 2m from you.

Make lull people into a false sense of security. If someone is known to have it and MUST go out. Then yes wearing one will help contain it. Still hand washing and experience of masks would be paramount.

It should also be mentioned that SARS is less contagious.
Oneday7719/03/2020 23:58

Difference is, they are accustomed to wearing masks. Half the problem is …Difference is, they are accustomed to wearing masks. Half the problem is lack of wearing something on the face. People will forever, tweak, adjust etc. Which brings their hands up close to or into all the wet areas of the face (Eyes, nose and mouth). Which from unwashed hands is worse than someone coughing 2m from you. Make lull people into a false sense of security. If someone is known to have it and MUST go out. Then yes wearing one will help contain it. Still hand washing and experience of masks would be paramount. It should also be mentioned that SARS is less contagious.

Yeah, I'm a British born Hong Konger and have worn masks for 15yrs when I am in Hong Kong.

Even before this epidemic, if you enter any hospital or health centre in HK, its mandatory to wear a mask.
Edited by: "Speculator" 20th Mar
Speculator20/03/2020 00:15

Yeah, I'm a British born Hong Konger and have worn masks for 15yrs when I …Yeah, I'm a British born Hong Konger and have worn masks for 15yrs when I am in Hong Kong. Even before this epidemic, if you enter any hospital or health centre in HK, its mandatory to wear a mask.

So there you go. Your earlier statement lacked validation as to why it may be suitable for you. While it is reckless for millions of others here.

We are too quick to knock the advice we are getting from the UK experts. However it is localised advice, tailored to the society.

Even then for suitable mask wearers, they should be ensuring they regularly change and clean them where appropriate. It also just be treated as a barrier, not foolproof unless perfect hygiene and properly rated masks are used, they are still not a perfect solution.
My son went to asda this morning. They took all his details copy of id and rang back this afternoon advising no vacancies
michelleradford7520/03/2020 19:23

My son went to asda this morning. They took all his details copy of id and …My son went to asda this morning. They took all his details copy of id and rang back this afternoon advising no vacancies

That’s a shame I imagine there will be a lot of people looking for work at the momentperhaps he could try Iceland
myusernamehasgone23420/03/2020 19:35

That’s a shame I imagine there will be a lot of people looking for work at …That’s a shame I imagine there will be a lot of people looking for work at the momentperhaps he could try Iceland

Iceland are only hiring via online applications, I imagine this is the same for Asda as their HR Department is also centralised.
The Iceland application is not easy to fill in and lots of the questions require personal anecdotes or views, such as ‘what makes a good team and give an example of when you had to meet a target and how did you do it?’ I fear that many jobseekers will give up halfway through the application.
If you want to apply for 2 jobs, you have to go through the application a second time, you can’t just use the same one twice.
Toptrumpet20/03/2020 19:46

Iceland are only hiring via online applications, I imagine this is the …Iceland are only hiring via online applications, I imagine this is the same for Asda as their HR Department is also centralised.The Iceland application is not easy to fill in and lots of the questions require personal anecdotes or views, such as ‘what makes a good team and give an example of when you had to meet a target and how did you do it?’ I fear that many jobseekers will give up halfway through the application. If you want to apply for 2 jobs, you have to go through the application a second time, you can’t just use the same one twice.

Quite a lot involved. Thanks for the info
myusernamehasgone23420/03/2020 19:47

Quite a lot involved. Thanks for the info

The Iceland Application also involves watching a 6 minute video and then answering questions on it. Then questions about driving scenarios, it really is in depth, plus you have to give your driving licence no. and register with the DVLA to allow Iceland to contact them to confirm the number of points on any license. As I said, it’s not a simple process unfortunately
Oneday7720/03/2020 00:26

So there you go. Your earlier statement lacked validation as to why it may …So there you go. Your earlier statement lacked validation as to why it may be suitable for you. While it is reckless for millions of others here. We are too quick to knock the advice we are getting from the UK experts. However it is localised advice, tailored to the society. Even then for suitable mask wearers, they should be ensuring they regularly change and clean them where appropriate. It also just be treated as a barrier, not foolproof unless perfect hygiene and properly rated masks are used, they are still not a perfect solution.

Looks like Sainsburys staff are starting to wear masks. Smart move.

40224341-dU3Ky.jpg

40224341-qo9tL.jpg
Edited by: "Speculator" 29th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants