Groups

Vaccum Cleaner with best suction?

Hi,

Since EU law forced the entire powered appliance industry into energy saving, it's difficult to get any decent powered vacuum cleaners.

Does anyone know of any stores / websites still sell 2400W / Or the hightest AirWatt Vacuum Cleaners?

20 Comments

Miele cat and dog vacuum cleaner. A lot of people don't realise or bother to replace the charcoal filter so do that and good as new.

Original Poster

PulisOut

Miele cat and dog vacuum cleaner. A lot of people don't realise or bother … Miele cat and dog vacuum cleaner. A lot of people don't realise or bother to replace the charcoal filter so do that and good as new.

Got a model number?

Sharpharp

Got a model number?

Ours is the Turbo 500 - 2200w, we have a collie and it deals with that fine. Bags can be expensive but not if you get them from ebay.

Sebo

I thought the EU rules were put in place as the numbers after a certain point meant diddy squat???
    We used to have a vax which was great for suction power but as you said theres nothing out there with the same spec anymore.
    I would recommend most models for Miele or Bosch, the specifications may seem low but the actual suction power is great.
    Miele is best for long run but the Bosch will give you enough power to lift the carpets

Miele Pet
    Bosch black that kinds looks like a alien spaceship

The Vax Air models have crazy suction - I bought the pre-EU ruling Vax U88-AMM-B Air Max, my sister has the post-EU ruling Air Reach model.

Both of them are more powerful than the bagless single-cyclone 1600W Electrolux I had (and lighter as well). The Reach has a slider bar near the brush heads to adjust suction.

Get a used Kirby, high suction but low energy.

Original Poster

Thanks all

Dyson Expensive but had mine 5 years! Still as good as the first day no bags either! xx

Just dont get the miele c2 complete. The worst vacuum cleaner I have ever owned. Just refuses to pick up anything from pile carpets due to not having a revolving bar.
    Edited by: "chocci" 8th Sep 2016

Original Poster

chocci

Just dont get the miele c2 compact. The worst vacuum cleaner I have ever … Just dont get the miele c2 compact. The worst vacuum cleaner I have ever owned. Just refuses to pick up anything from pile carpets due to not having a revolving bar.

Thanks. The general opinion is to go with a Miele Pet version. Like you say, some models don't come with the right features or attachments.

Does anyone own this one, Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Power Line Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 4.5 Litre, 1200 W, Red

If so, any bad points (aside the costs for replacement bags), would this be the best suction Miele for carpets?

Or is this better: Miele Complete C2 Cat & Dog PowerLine, 1600 watts, Red [Energy Class G]

Edited by: "Sharpharp" 8th Sep 2016

Sharpharp

Thanks. The general opinion is to go with a Miele Pet version. Like you … Thanks. The general opinion is to go with a Miele Pet version. Like you say, some models don't come with the right features or attachments.Does anyone own this one, Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Power Line Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 4.5 Litre, 1200 W, RedIf so, any bad points (aside the costs for replacement bags), would this be the best suction Miele for carpets?Or is this better: Miele Complete C2 Cat & Dog PowerLine, 1600 watts, Red [Energy Class G]

My mistake - mine is the C2 complete. I think the pet & dog bersion has the revolving bar hence why it gets good reviews. Mine has amazing suction but just cannot form a seal on a pile carpet so it doesnt actually pick anything up unless its right over the suction point (which is only about 2 inches wide). I end up picking up bits of cotton, thread etc by hand! oO

I think the only thing the pet version has over mine is the turbo brush so it may work out cheaper to buy the C2 or C3 and then buy the turbo brush seperately

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml?gclid=CjwKEAjwmMS-BRCm5dn51JLbp1wSJACc61tFdNAkRPgm8HJgkvGAPqr-X9P_8AXPSrjgN-xulci1dhoC2uPw_wcB&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!87329420004!!!g!146768132004!&device=c&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=qmqlatw&istBid=tztx&PLA=1&ef_id=V9FI-QAABNvZjF1L:20160908111821:s

appliancespareswarehouse.co.uk/air…wcB

Edited by: "chocci" 8th Sep 2016

Banned

henry

Original Poster

sofiasar

henry

Already tried the new Post-EU version of Henry, and it's like he's half the sucker he used to be.

There's a Youtube vacuum cleaner obsessive ibaisiac, nice jovial chap too, might be worth asking him youtube.com/use…aic
    Edited by: "louiselouise" 8th Sep 2016

Just a little advice on using the revolving brush head. I had to train the Mrs to do this because she didn't believe me when I told her so take it or leave it yourself :-) The way to use any hoover is not to sort of rub it up and down the carpet. Start at the other side of the room, place the hoover head on the carpet and drag it back towards you slowly all the way to the other side of the room. Do that across the carpet and although it may seem to be slower it is much faster and better, sucking up much more dirt while resetting the pile of the carpet.

ive just got a zanussi upright vac for pets, its fab and great suction , incredibly light . had a dyson and found it just too heavy.

my wife

From watching some of ibaisiac's videos last night (I don't know why, I find something relaxing about them!) he still likes Sebo - though he reckons they're quite old-fashioned with their features (non-swivel, for example) and quite heavy and bulky. And he seems to have a lot of love for Shark.

Edit: He also prefers bagged to bagless - something I didn't know, but apparently bag designs are much more efficient nowadays and the "loss of suction" bags suffered from in the old days, doesn't really apply nowadays. Of course bagged vacuums are few and far between and the best are Sebo or Miele.

Also, for hard floors you need a vacuum that has the twin motors to turn the brush head on and off - these do much better on those type of flooring.
    Edited by: "louiselouise" 11th Sep 2016

Sharpharp

Or is this better: Miele Complete C2 Cat & Dog PowerLine, 1600 watts, Red … Or is this better: Miele Complete C2 Cat & Dog PowerLine, 1600 watts, Red [Energy Class G]

I have had this model for coming up to 18 months and its the best vacuum cleaner i have ever had or seen, the suction on it is great and its as near to an upright interms of performance that you are going to get from a cylinder vacuum.
    I have bought a lot of the accessories which are a real boon especially the small turbo brush.
    The Miele, accessories and the bags are not cheap but for me the extra outlay has been worth it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. PS4 Deal @ GAME33
      2. BT Sport Vs SkySports34
      3. Nike Apple Watch 42mm11
      4. Has any one used http://www.tobydeals.com?107200

See more discussions