Vacuum cleaners

Posted 22nd Jul
Can anyone suggest a decent vacuum cleaner which doesn't break the bank?

Our miele cat and dog vacuum was good to us for many years but gave out and now we were looking for something similarly powerful but maybe bagless?

or maybe one of the cordless upright ones but needs to have a nozzle attachment for corners and small spaces.

Just worried about battery life with those ones, as in the battery might be 45 mins initially but after a few months use does the battery deteriorate to like 20 mins or something similar?

Any help would be great

thanks
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Henry.

Don't worry about the bags, they take months to fill. Then just remove and replace, no need to empty the bag.

Genuine HEPA bags are £10 for Ten on Amazon.
deleted1451412
Uridium22/07/2020 19:19

Henry.Don't worry about the bags, they take months to fill. Then just …Henry.Don't worry about the bags, they take months to fill. Then just remove and replace, no need to empty the bag.Genuine HEPA bags are £10 for Ten on Amazon.

Depends on the surface and the mobility of the user. I love our Henry (when they were still powerful with boost) and it’s great on the hard floors downstairs but we use a dyson upright for upstairs carpet as i find it’s better with the rotating brushes. Found older people struggle with pulling Henry around.
I would suggest buying a Miele again, they do offer a bagless version.
Dyson v10
Depends on your budget but I would suggest the shark. Currys have got one at the moment for £169. Nv700 or something. Comes with a 5 year guarantee. It's very powerful and practical.
deleted145141222/07/2020 19:40

Depends on the surface and the mobility of the user. I love our Henry …Depends on the surface and the mobility of the user. I love our Henry (when they were still powerful with boost) and it’s great on the hard floors downstairs but we use a dyson upright for upstairs carpet as i find it’s better with the rotating brushes. Found older people struggle with pulling Henry around.

They do a rotating air powered brush for Henry now. Our Henry Xtra came with it. Great for pet hair
T650022/07/2020 21:21

I would suggest buying a Miele again, they do offer a bagless version.

Thanks. Which ones?
Henry, Hetty, James, who ever the other ones are with the airbrush is the "no nonsense" way to deal with your problem and will still be working great in 10 years time!
This is the model I have, came with the air powered rotating brush

amazon.co.uk/Hen…ZY/
Post a comment
@
    Text