Vacuum's are expensive!

Found 19th Jul
I've never bought a vacuum as I had my parents old one when I moved in to my house. now ten years later it appears to have died. so I went to have a look online for one and found there are a million different types and I'll have to get a second job to pay for it.

please help before I'm overwhelmed by dead skin and dog hair.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Just don't fall for the Dyson Marketing hype....plenty of other decent vacuum's around for sensible prices. We've had a Vax one for years now, has so much suction it lifts the carpets, simple to empty and picks up endless amounts of hair deposited by our spaniel
21 Comments
You've got a second job to pay for a vacuum
Get a Second hand one if your skint.
stefromuk20 m ago

You've got a second job to pay for a vacuum Get a Second hand one if …You've got a second job to pay for a vacuum Get a Second hand one if your skint.

The second job is an exaggeration of how much vacuum's cost, thanks.
Dyson V6 is a winner not to expensive from Dyson outlet eBay.
You had ten years to save for one? You can get a cat and dog Miele for less than £200 new? And cheaper makes a lot less.
Edited by: "choccie32" 19th Jul
mine cost 40 quid and still working after 4 years, tho no dog hair and not thick carpets ,
Have a look on Freecycle and Freegle if you're not fussy. We once got two almost mint Dysons.
Just don't fall for the Dyson Marketing hype....plenty of other decent vacuum's around for sensible prices. We've had a Vax one for years now, has so much suction it lifts the carpets, simple to empty and picks up endless amounts of hair deposited by our spaniel
We ditched the Dyson hype and went for a Shark instead
Just get a Henry hoover - does the job and only £125.
Have you sent the goblin on here from Asda, £40 ?
I don't think we have ever paid more that about £80 for a vacuum cleaner.
Just get a Henry Hoover for like £100-125
Maybe you should try repairing your old one yourself, it might be something very simple like worn out carbon brushes, or a wire in the cable broken very close to the plug (had the later issue with mine).

I intend to keep my high wattage, very high air watt, vacuum going as long as possible, apart from replacing the plug, I've repaired the cable rewind brake and fixed a non-spinning turbo brush and bought a new set of filters for about £50 in the last year, so it is now back to being whisper quiet and sucks like absolute crazy again.

When I have to replace it I'll either get an industrial wet N dry cleaner that's exempt from power restrictions so you can still get high airwatt ones, eg like this:- cleva-uk.com/vac…0sw
and use my current wand, or switch to just using a carpet washer instead.
Edited by: "melted" 19th Jul
Vax all the way
£125-150 for a vacuum that'll last upto 5-10 years (Miele/Henry) is not expensive, it's incredible value for money.
Edited by: "FUAARRKK" 19th Jul
Can anyone advise me what type if cheapish Hoover I should get. I'm hoping to buy my own flat so will have a mortgage 1 single person not a large area with no pets @ the moment.

Thanks in advance
avoid hoover as poor quality now
Bexbush12344 h, 26 m ago

Can anyone advise me what type if cheapish Hoover I should get. I'm hoping …Can anyone advise me what type if cheapish Hoover I should get. I'm hoping to buy my own flat so will have a mortgage 1 single person not a large area with no pets @ the moment.Thanks in advance

A lot depends on the type of flooring you have, the layout of the house and how often you use it.
I bought a £30 small Argos basics bagless vacuum about 2 years ago and it's been brilliant for what I use it for.
My Dyson has come back to life! Gonna strip it and clean it and hopefully it'll keep working
terriclarkfan19th Jul

Have a look on Freecycle and Freegle if you're not fussy. We once got two …Have a look on Freecycle and Freegle if you're not fussy. We once got two almost mint Dysons.

My thoughts as well 😏
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions