Groups

Valentines Day

I've been an idiot and left everything to the last minute! I need to book a restaurant and surprise surprise they are all booked up. Has anyone got any good restaurants in the Watford/ surrounding area or any bookable/reasonably priced things to do a short notice. HELP!

22 Comments

Most places are likely to be booked, how about a nice home cooked meal?
    What sort of food?

instead of a restuarant do something elaborate and unexpected

Original Poster

yer thats a good idea but what? I'm a bit **** like most blokes on that sort of stuff!

cook something at home or takeaway with champagne and a romantic film

picnic in the park

Daft Punk;4339973

picnic in the park

Nice idea but it's freezing :-(

xSpoiltPrincessx;4340007

Nice idea but it's freezing :-(

excuse to hold each other tight then lol

Going out for a meal on valentines is soooo typical and thoughtless. I'd much rather a meal was cooked at home with a bit of effort, or even a take away served nicely.
    Unfortunately, I wont be getting either :lol:

m&s 2 for £20 meal? Their food is always lush! And you could pretend you'd made it yourself....

cassieismydoggie;4340063

Going out for a meal on valentines is soooo typical and thoughtless. I'd … Going out for a meal on valentines is soooo typical and thoughtless. I'd much rather a meal was cooked at home with a bit of effort, or even a take away served nicely. Unfortunately, I wont be getting either :lol:

http://www.inloughborough.com/category/images/regular/restaurants%20-%20takeaway.jpg

There you go cassie :w00t:

Daft Punk;4340093

There you go cassie :w00t:

Looks like someone's been at the sauce already :whistling:

:-D

lol i thought we could share it so i started first

Daft Punk;4340138

lol i thought we could share it so i started first

Lol, ok then :thumbsup:

Don't like too much sauce anyway ;-)

Banned

Burger King :w00t:

dog_cop;4340152

Burger King :w00t:

Aren't McDonalds cheaper? No point wasting money if all you're going to get is a smack in the teeth. :-D

how about the winchester!

Original Poster

just had an idea. She lives in working accomodation so the room she lives in is rather small and really messsy. So i was thinking of giving it a good tidy and buy some candles, M&S meal, bottle or two of vive cliqoue (champagne) and maybe putting the dirty dancung sound track on. I was also thinking about booking her a beauty treament then taking her back to the room and eating etc etc. Is this a good plan?

What sort of food are you looking for (or are you beyond caring? lol)? For Chinese Pin Wei in Abbots Langley is the best - in my opinion anyway! pinwei.co.uk/ The Grove is always a good option but quite pricey, although The Glasshouse is a fab all you can eat restaurant thegrove.co.uk/res…spx . The Stables is a cheaper option there and is still nice. There is also a pub in Chandlers Cross called The Clarendon which I think has just reopened after a refit but you might need to call them to check that. theclarendon.co.uk/res…tml

Original Poster

i think i may have to give up on booking the resturants as they are all booked up now! Any thoughts on my original idea?

mooosey;4340894

just had an idea.

Great!
    mooosey;4340894

She lives in working accomodation so the room she lives in is rather … She lives in working accomodation so the room she lives in is rather small and really messsy.

Yup. Most females rooms are messy!
    mooosey;4340894

So i was thinking of giving it a good tidy

Not good. You might things she don't want you to find, accuse you of routing through her things and endless other problems. Might not make Valentines Day Great.
    mooosey;4340894

and buy some candles, M&S meal, bottle or two of vive cliqoue (champagne)

Good idea.
    mooosey;4340894

and maybe putting the dirty dancung sound track on.

Hmmm. Bit tacky, but if she likes it then why not? Why not make a CD of the songs she actually likes though - that she can keep afterwards. Fancy CD cover etc.
    mooosey;4340894

I was also thinking about booking her a beauty treatment

Would she like this? If so, good! However, you may have about as much success with booking this as trying to book a meal.
    mooosey;4340894

then taking her back to the room and eating etc etc.

Eating and etc etc. This your part of Valentines Day by any chance?
    mooosey;4340894

Is this a good plan?

It's a plan. It's more than you had at the start. Every female is different!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????56
      2. Tradesmen battery power tools.11
      3. Now tv entertainment passes22
      4. Any free Now TV sports passes?33

See more discussions