Groups

VALENTINES DAY GIFT IDEAS, THOUGHTFUL AND CHEAP

any ideas for thoughtful inexpensive gift ideas for valentines day. looking for something with an edge to it. prefer something can arrange online as live in the back of beyond. hope the ideas will be fun to read.

28 Comments

A nice night hugging on the settee with a movie. That'll do me.

Banned

when you say cheap, like how cheap

Original Poster

sassie;4104286

when you say cheap, like how cheap

well havent got a budget in mind but around 100,

Original Poster

cherishu2;4104280

A nice night hugging on the settee with a movie. That'll do me.

do that anyhow when we get 5 kids to bed, lol, hence no budget left for us.

wot about this,i know its nowhere near the £100 mark but you could get her something else too
    hotukdeals.com/sea…olo

Banned

so is a babysitter on option? what about a nice meal and a bottle of wine somewhere if you dont get out much, or an evening at the cinema followed by a meal babysitter permitting, or did you want to give a gift as in personal gift, i like those silver or gold last rolo, i think there dead sweet and romantic

what about a romanic night in a hotel somewhere ? providing you can get a babysiter !

Original Poster

sassie;4104341

so is a babysitter on option? what about a nice meal and a bottle of wine … so is a babysitter on option? what about a nice meal and a bottle of wine somewhere if you dont get out much, or an evening at the cinema followed by a meal babysitter permitting, or did you want to give a gift as in personal gift, i like those silver or gold last rolo, i think there dead sweet and romantic

havent seen those, its a nice idea that as a little extra, will hunt them out thanks

Original Poster

bargainhunter5;4104355

what about a romanic night in a hotel somewhere ? providing you can get … what about a romanic night in a hotel somewhere ? providing you can get a babysiter !

aha the babysitter the problem, my 16yr old is just too young for job. pity, give yr or two.

Banned

128plant;4104413

havent seen those, its a nice idea that as a little extra, will hunt them … havent seen those, its a nice idea that as a little extra, will hunt them out thanks

think they sell them at firebox, not seen them anywhere else, maybe a voucher floating about somewhere

i actually left you a link to the siver rolo above lol

Banned

lyndaloo;4104439

i actually left you a link to the siver rolo above lol

ooops didnt see your post, sorry anway direct link and alot cheaper than firefox prezzybox.com/pro…olo

no worries sassy,and thanks for adding the direct link

Banned

remember most places will be double the price on valentines day, i would rather have a chinese/indian take away and have a night out when they dont double the prices

Free on the right call plan..............save a fotune. :-D

http://z.hubpages.com/u/304759_f260.jpg

Original Poster

Syzable;4104792

Free on the right call plan..............save a fotune. :-D

LOL, YOU OLD ROMANTIC YOU!!!

Supermod

Maybe its personal opinion but if someone got me a silver or a gold rolo for valentines day I would be gutted and "Did you keep the receipt" would be the first words out of my mouth instead of "I love you too".

magicjay1986;4112083

Maybe its personal opinion but if someone got me a silver or a gold rolo … Maybe its personal opinion but if someone got me a silver or a gold rolo for valentines day I would be gutted and "Did you keep the receipt" would be the first words out of my mouth instead of "I love you too".

Some of us used to get nowt,so would be quite happy with that.:thumbsup:

Supermod

deb8z;4112176

Some of used to get nowt,so would be quite happy with that.:thumbsup:

So it is just personal opinion.

Aye,anything is an improvement on nowt..lol

Original Poster

deb8z;4112873

Aye,anything is an improvement on nowt..lol

anything is better but want a better anything for budget if can.

HOPING FOR SOMETHING A LITTLE QUIRKY OR CRAFTY MAYBE!, PVC not an option, LOL!

Original Poster

magicjay1986;4112083

Maybe its personal opinion but if someone got me a silver or a gold rolo … Maybe its personal opinion but if someone got me a silver or a gold rolo for valentines day I would be gutted and "Did you keep the receipt" would be the first words out of my mouth instead of "I love you too".

mmmm didnt think of it that way, you may have a point

Original Poster

bump 1

When our kiddies were little & we didn't have a sitter, OH took the day off & we went out for lunch then to the cinema & picked DS up from school as usual. Is an afternoon out a better option for you?

If you can't get out perhaps you could do the cooking - there's some ideas here:
    kraftfoods.com/kf/…spx
    or
    marthastewart.com/hol…age

Champagne & choccies always go down well - literally in our house. Last year Morrissons did a bottle of bubbly & a box of Thorntons for £15 if I remember rightly.

The lottery are doing some special Valentines scratchcards.

These are freebies, with a personal touch:
    inthepaper.co.uk/def…spx
    freenameastar.com/

My OH has already told me what I'm getting - an electric blanket as he's chief bedwarmer & is about to go away with work for 5 months. Domestic maybe, but actually very thoughtful for him. If your OH needs the bed warming there's this:
    lloydspharmacy.com/web…rue

Hope you have a great day

These are freebies, with a personal touch:
    inthepaper.co.uk/def…spx

This is NOT FREE

Original Poster

bargainaholic;4185995

When our kiddies were little & we didn't have a sitter, OH took the day … When our kiddies were little & we didn't have a sitter, OH took the day off & we went out for lunch then to the cinema & picked DS up from school as usual. Is an afternoon out a better option for you?If you can't get out perhaps you could do the cooking - there's some ideas here:http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Entertaining/HolidaysEvents/ValentinesDay/Pages/ValentinesDayDelights.aspxorhttp://www.marthastewart.com/holidays?lnc=c479cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&rsc=navigationglobal_Homepage_HomepageChampagne & choccies always go down well - literally in our house. Last year Morrissons did a bottle of bubbly & a box of Thorntons for £15 if I remember rightly.Good ideas here, thanks. food for thought....The lottery are doing some special Valentines scratchcards.These are freebies, with a personal touch:http://www.inthepaper.co.uk/default.aspxhttp://www.freenameastar.com/My OH has already told me what I'm getting - an electric blanket as he's chief bedwarmer & is about to go away with work for 5 months. Domestic maybe, but actually very thoughtful for him. If your OH needs the bed warming there's this:http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=90&catalogId=1008&productId=312271&summaryOnly=trueHope you have a great day

Original Poster

Got the electric blanket myself, I would advise a dual control as my OH cant stick heat and I cant do without. really good.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Zelda Game?68
      2. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9533
      3. Cinema 24122
      4. Recommend accurate weighing scales22

See more discussions