Valentine's Day; what are you hoping to do/get?

Found 12th Feb
What's your plans, peeps?

Are you the romantic type, planning a nice surprise for her/him, the usual candlelit dinner, choccies, flowers, proposal, or something a bit more extra special?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
33246976-98F6q.jpg
Like Ralph.

33247783-Qnbch.jpg

My husband and the love of my life died three years ago so there will be no flowers/choccies/diamonds going on here. I will however be going to visit the new love of my life. He is six weeks old and has four legs and a tail. We get to bring him home beginning of March. Can't wait.
40 Comments
33246976-98F6q.jpg
Same as last year, a nice slice of hair pie.
Edited by: "majestic2012" 12th Feb
A day for the gormless who invariably lack the romantic spontaneity to do anything unexpected for their partners on 364 days a year,
Saturn4 m ago

A day for the gormless who invariably lack the romantic spontaneity to do …A day for the gormless who invariably lack the romantic spontaneity to do anything unexpected for their partners on 364 days a year,

Sad, but true thus far in the thread.
To me valentines day is really for kids/teenagers.
The wife and I are off for a day out at Duxford War Museum. Looking forward to it.
Sly comments from people that should mind their own business.
A Take away, and instead of her going for it, I'll have it delivered.
I remember when we were newly married I took her to an amazing French restaurant we chanced upon in Edinburgh, we were youngsters in a room full of suits and business types, the caring and perceptive staff guided us to a small table and chairs at a window which looked out onto the most stunning views of the city topped by a castle.
The meal and the whole experience was fantastic; one of the best memories of my life, my wife looked stunningly beautiful, like a young Audrey Hepburn.
majestic201241 m ago

Same as last year, a nice slice of hair pie.

Presents sorted, razor and some cream.
subway for lunch BOGOF
greggs for romantic dinner
tryn2help23 m ago

I remember when we were newly married I took her to an amazing French …I remember when we were newly married I took her to an amazing French restaurant we chanced upon in Edinburgh, we were youngsters in a room full of suits and business types, the caring and perceptive staff guided us to a small table and chairs at a window which looked out onto the most stunning views of the city topped by a castle.The meal and the whole experience was fantastic; one of the best memories of my life, my wife looked stunningly beautiful, like a young Audrey Hepburn.

Edinburgh has some really good strippers too, just to make the night complete
tryn2help32 m ago

I remember when we were newly married I took her to an amazing French …I remember when we were newly married I took her to an amazing French restaurant we chanced upon in Edinburgh, we were youngsters in a room full of suits and business types, the caring and perceptive staff guided us to a small table and chairs at a window which looked out onto the most stunning views of the city topped by a castle.The meal and the whole experience was fantastic; one of the best memories of my life, my wife looked stunningly beautiful, like a young Audrey Hepburn.

The way you speak about your wife and your memory of that day is beautiful
CoeK13 m ago

Edinburgh has some really good strippers too, just to make the night …Edinburgh has some really good strippers too, just to make the night complete

No need for us to visit such places, but Edinburgh is an amazing city, very similar in many ways to York re history, etc. Some cities have an air of romance about them, and I'd say Edinburgh and York are two such cities.
benrobertsno135 m ago

Presents sorted, razor and some cream.

Yassssssssss!
Edited by: "majestic2012" 12th Feb
tryn2help26 m ago

No need for us to visit such places, but Edinburgh is an amazing city, …No need for us to visit such places, but Edinburgh is an amazing city, very similar in many ways to York re history, etc. Some cities have an air of romance about them, and I'd say Edinburgh and York are two such cities.

They are the two main places my other half works, Edinburgh last week and York this week.

I worked in Edinburgh for a few years but it is about 30 miles from my house so not ideal, i do like a visit sometimes though.
deleted1431257
Claim the Wuntu offers at 8am (which include Cineworld tickets and Rakuten codes), watch the Winter Olympics, then go to Subway at lunchtime to claim the 'buy one 6'' get one free' offer, then play on the Switch, and finally watch Real Madrid vs PSG UEFA Champions League
I am going to subway BUT not with him!
I never give him anything because he doesn't deserve it. Times need to change for good now
Watching Champions League Football.
hass12342 m ago

Claim the Wuntu offers at 8am (which include Cineworld tickets and Rakuten …Claim the Wuntu offers at 8am (which include Cineworld tickets and Rakuten codes), watch the Winter Olympics, then go to Subway at lunchtime to claim the 'buy one 6'' get one free' offer, then play on the Switch, and finally watch Real Madrid vs PSG UEFA Champions League

C'mon Real Madrid.
Like Ralph.

33247783-Qnbch.jpg

Not much. Might let her watch the soaps on the big telly, instead of in the kitchen. Just see how it pans out first.
Was planning on going to the cinema but our local has only two choices on in the evening, neither of which do we both want to watch. I don't even know why as it is a big multiplex with plenty of screens.
Biddy24 h, 20 m ago

Like Ralph.[Image]

Never say never, Biddy.

Everybody under the age of sixty thinks it's difficult to hook up - in reality it isn't.

We all sort of figure it out as we get older - it's like one of those situations where you think something's impossible until you do it then realise;' 'Crikey, that was so simple, why the heck did I think it was so difficult?

If I could offer any advice I'd say just be yourself, go to places you like, do stuff you like, as you enjoy these things you'll be happier with life and happier with yourself, that's usually when potential partners appear on the scene.

And, if you like someone try to be friends with them first - that's very important. Becoming friends should always be your first priority, if it moves onto something else praise God, but being friends is a first a foremost requirement (it's really important to like the person you love). So go ahead and ask them out as friends - just go ahead and do it, for the love of God, life is too short, stop messing about and just ask them if they'd like to join you for a coffee/drink/movie etc. If they say no, that's fine, maybe some other time, but always stay friendly. Lastly, don't ever go looking for love, understand that love is looking for you and if you keep moving it makes it harder for love to find you.
You really think Biddy needs this kind of advice?

tryn2help22 m ago

..... if you keep moving it makes it harder .....

33249477-Lz1Jl.jpg
tryn2help23 m ago

Never say never, Biddy.Everybody under the age of sixty thinks it's …Never say never, Biddy.Everybody under the age of sixty thinks it's difficult to hook up - in reality it isn't.We all sort of figure it out as we get older - it's like one of those situations where you think something's impossible until you do it then realise;' 'Crikey, that was so simple, why the heck did I think it was so difficult?If I could offer any advice I'd say just be yourself, go to places you like, do stuff you like, as you enjoy these things you'll be happier with life and happier with yourself, that's usually when potential partners appear on the scene.And, if you like someone try to be friends with them first - that's very important. Becoming friends should always be your first priority, if it moves onto something else praise God, but being friends is a first a foremost requirement (it's really important to like the person you love). So go ahead and ask them out as friends - just go ahead and do it, for the love of God, life is too short, stop messing about and just ask them if they'd like to join you for a coffee/drink/movie etc. If they say no, that's fine, maybe some other time, but always stay friendly. Lastly, don't ever go looking for love, understand that love is looking for you and if you keep moving it makes it harder for love to find you.

It’s not difficult? Oh. So this pie chart applies to myself then?

33249494-70d8D.jpg

Some very good advice there, T2H. Just so you know though, I won’t really be crying like Ralph.

I’m happy enough with my pugs anyway. Man’s best friend and all that.
Saturn4 m ago

You really think Biddy needs this kind of advice?[Image]

deleted265520
Pancakes.

Something has come up tomorrow night so pancake day is replacing Valentines for us.
There a certain thing I'm wanting, they only couple of quid and I've been hinting for a few years now to receive on Valentines Day. Instead I know he got me a ring as he asked to take a ring with him shopping because he can't just discretely take a ring and put it back....defeats object really, its daft also cos I also know he should have just spent the money on paying a bill.... Meanwhile I got him a gift from 70% sale at Boots.
Mum2ConnornCerys46 m ago

There a certain thing I'm wanting, they only couple of quid and I've been …There a certain thing I'm wanting, they only couple of quid and I've been hinting for a few years now to receive on Valentines Day. Instead I know he got me a ring as he asked to take a ring with him shopping because he can't just discretely take a ring and put it back....defeats object really, its daft also cos I also know he should have just spent the money on paying a bill.... Meanwhile I got him a gift from 70% sale at Boots.

You forget that us men are thick. You should get shot of him for trying to get something that he thinks would be special for you. Get someone instead who will take you for granted and get you oven gloves or something.
Mum2ConnornCerys1 h, 0 m ago

There a certain thing I'm wanting, they only couple of quid and I've been …There a certain thing I'm wanting, they only couple of quid and I've been hinting for a few years now to receive on Valentines Day. Instead I know he got me a ring as he asked to take a ring with him shopping because he can't just discretely take a ring and put it back....defeats object really, its daft also cos I also know he should have just spent the money on paying a bill.... Meanwhile I got him a gift from 70% sale at Boots.

Any chance he knows you know he took the ring?
My husband and the love of my life died three years ago so there will be no flowers/choccies/diamonds going on here. I will however be going to visit the new love of my life. He is six weeks old and has four legs and a tail. We get to bring him home beginning of March. Can't wait.
to get through the day with out anyone touching me
tryn2help9 h, 4 m ago

Any chance he knows you know he took the ring?

Yeh he asked me for it,he should just took it and I wouldn't noticed.
jimmy_the_fridge9 h, 20 m ago

You forget that us men are thick. You should get shot of him for trying to …You forget that us men are thick. You should get shot of him for trying to get something that he thinks would be special for you. Get someone instead who will take you for granted and get you oven gloves or something.

Yeh I just rather him not bought a ring or anything expensive as his money could been spent on something he needed to pay for. Funnily enough I saw some tea towels and oven gloves I wanted in Sainsbury's yesterday,to me something more practical better.
Mum2ConnornCerys16 h, 23 m ago

Yeh I just rather him not bought a ring or anything expensive as his money …Yeh I just rather him not bought a ring or anything expensive as his money could been spent on something he needed to pay for. Funnily enough I saw some tea towels and oven gloves I wanted in Sainsbury's yesterday,to me something more practical better.

we need a love botton on here I love this comment, this is so me too
miles13616 h, 55 m ago

we need a love botton on here I love this comment, this is so me too

I like the ring he chose,lucky for me he got the sweets I wanted, am vegetarian and M&S only have these at Valentine's... gelatine sweets are easier to find these days but still. I'd been totally just happy with the sweets. I also know he made the effort to buy the other item I wanted but none around so I'm totally happy lol. He says he liked what I got him, courtesy of Boots 70% sale....
I don't bother with all that hearts and flowers nonsense anymore. I bought her a lovely card a couple of years ago and she threw me a look that would curdle milk. She should think herself lucky, at least I remembered.

33263316-spf7M.jpg
jaketheplumber20 m ago

I don't bother with all that hearts and flowers nonsense anymore. I bought …I don't bother with all that hearts and flowers nonsense anymore. I bought her a lovely card a couple of years ago and she threw me a look that would curdle milk. She should think herself lucky, at least I remembered.[Image]

I never got a card at all
summerof7659 m ago

I never got a card at all

33263796-uhazV.jpg

But he won't give you a card.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants