Valhalla Fitness - one to avoid

Found 3rd Mar
Just a word of warning, have had very bad buying experience on valhallafitness.co.uk They sent me an open/used item and refused to communicate. There is no email contact. The website has a contact form, they did not reply. I found a phone number on google but nobody picked up. I messaged them on Facebook and was ignored. In the end I had to get my bank involved for a refund. They sell on Amazon marketplace so if intent on buying from them this may be best option for Amazon's customer service. I would not order directly from their site.
Community Updates
MiscSports & Outdoors
Top comments
fanpages8 m ago

The lack of an e-mail address & a telephone number on their site should …The lack of an e-mail address & a telephone number on their site should have been enough warning before placing an order, but thanks for the additional information.

I honestly despair as to how people still don't see these glaring omissions as reasons to shop elsewhere.

There's a reason they don't publish proper contact details.
18 Comments
nice heads up for people
The lack of an e-mail address & a telephone number on their site should have been enough warning before placing an order, but thanks for the additional information.
fanpages8 m ago

The lack of an e-mail address & a telephone number on their site should …The lack of an e-mail address & a telephone number on their site should have been enough warning before placing an order, but thanks for the additional information.

I honestly despair as to how people still don't see these glaring omissions as reasons to shop elsewhere.

There's a reason they don't publish proper contact details.
Nicked borrowed YouTube videos, no contact details, a UK company that delivers to the UK (as stated proudly on their opening page) and company dissolved in 2017
33369591-SRXJD.jpg. Seems legit to me.
Edited by: "mrty" 3rd Mar
Company resurrected in October 2017 and now owned by James O’Driscoll who also owns O’Driscoll Sports Equipment Ltd and his direct number is tel:07808 817875 if you have any complaints
Did you not get a discount from this section...

Bargains!
Sometimes we get returns because the product isn't right for the customer, maybe the resistance is too much or too little or it just didn't suit them. Most of these are like new, apart from damage to the package (the ones that aren't are disposed off). Here is where you can these great products at a knock down price
davewave47 m ago

Did you not get a discount from this section...Bargains!Sometimes we get …Did you not get a discount from this section...Bargains!Sometimes we get returns because the product isn't right for the customer, maybe the resistance is too much or too little or it just didn't suit them. Most of these are like new, apart from damage to the package (the ones that aren't are disposed off). Here is where you can these great products at a knock down price

"...(the ones that aren't are disposed off)..."

Wut?
fanpages2 m ago

"...(the ones that aren't are disposed off)..."Wut?

Zzzzz
I find some of the critism a bit harsh. I made sure this was a legitimate business dispatching from UK by checking reviews on Amazon marketplace, etc. Their site states delivery within UK is free using RM, very different to just delivering to UK from China or wherever. Just trying to help fellow HUKD members but apparently I'm a bit dim and should be despaired.
deleted1166706
elixeh4 h, 16 m ago

I find some of the critism a bit harsh. I made sure this was a legitimate …I find some of the critism a bit harsh. I made sure this was a legitimate business dispatching from UK by checking reviews on Amazon marketplace, etc. Their site states delivery within UK is free using RM, very different to just delivering to UK from China or wherever. Just trying to help fellow HUKD members but apparently I'm a bit dim and should be despaired.

Appreciate it. Ignore the comments and take no notice
elixeh4 h, 31 m ago

I find some of the critism a bit harsh. I made sure this was a legitimate …I find some of the critism a bit harsh. I made sure this was a legitimate business dispatching from UK by checking reviews on Amazon marketplace, etc. Their site states delivery within UK is free using RM, very different to just delivering to UK from China or wherever. Just trying to help fellow HUKD members but apparently I'm a bit dim and should be despaired.

Sorry if you took offence at my comment, it wasn't intended to be a slight on you specifically, and I appreciate you trying to give a head's up to others.

It's just a bit frustrating to see people complain about stuff like this when they have just completely ignored a massive pointer suggesting that an online retailer might be less than reliable.

So, in future, will you check a retailer's contact details before you decide whether or not to buy from there?

Edit: Having further considered things, I suppose that if you bought from, and fulfilled by Amazon then it's entirely forgiveable that you missed the lack of contact details. But if the item was 'fulfilled by Amazon' then shouldn't your complaint be with Amazon themselves.
Edited by: "deeky" 4th Mar
deeky12 h, 3 m ago

Sorry if you took offence at my comment, it wasn't intended to be a slight …Sorry if you took offence at my comment, it wasn't intended to be a slight on you specifically, and I appreciate you trying to give a head's up to others.It's just a bit frustrating to see people complain about stuff like this when they have just completely ignored a massive pointer suggesting that an online retailer might be less than reliable.So, in future, will you check a retailer's contact details before you decide whether or not to buy from there?Edit: Having further considered things, I suppose that if you bought from, and fulfilled by Amazon then it's entirely forgiveable that you missed the lack of contact details. But if the item was 'fulfilled by Amazon' then shouldn't your complaint be with Amazon themselves.

Why is it frustrating, what more should a buyer reasonably do before making a purchase? The seller has good reviews on Amazon, 99% positive on 246 in last 12 months. Admittedly it has been reducing in more recent months but there is no reasonable expectations to be suspicious, sellers with far lower ratings are routinely posted on this site. The UK contact details are also given so it is a UK company (contrary to your claims where you have misunderstood the UK free delivery), so not one advertising on Amazon UK but actually based in Hong Kong or wherever (again, like so many sellers happily posted here) and implying I should be doing due diligence on top of this looking at things like company house, etc. is just ridiculous. My mistake was to save a few quid by buying directly from the seller's site rather than via Amazon, I presumed there was no risk given the item being purchased isn't fragile electronics that may need warranty but rather gym equipment supplies. I can only presume they send return/damaged items when selling direct as negative feedback is not visible as would be through Amazon, both in rating but also raising a case with customer service. I'm being made out to be like some muppet who bought a mobile phone from some dodgy site with no user reviews and a price too good to be true, I find this frustrating. Anyway, enough, I hope this comes up on a google search so people are warned in future about them.
elixeh3 m ago

Why is it frustrating, what more should a buyer reasonably do before …Why is it frustrating, what more should a buyer reasonably do before making a purchase? The seller has good reviews on Amazon, 99% positive on 246 in last 12 months. Admittedly it has been reducing in more recent months but there is no reasonable expectations to be suspicious, sellers with far lower ratings are routinely posted on this site. The UK contact details are also given so it is a UK company (contrary to your claims where you have misunderstood the UK free delivery), so not one advertising on Amazon UK but actually based in Hong Kong or wherever (again, like so many sellers happily posted here) and implying I should be doing due diligence on top of this looking at things like company house, etc. is just ridiculous. My mistake was to save a few quid by buying directly from the seller's site rather than via Amazon, I presumed there was no risk given the item being purchased isn't fragile electronics that may need warranty but rather gym equipment supplies. I can only presume they send return/damaged items when selling direct as negative feedback is not visible as would be through Amazon, both in rating but also raising a case with customer service. I'm being made out to be like some muppet who bought a mobile phone from some dodgy site with no user reviews and a price too good to be true, I find this frustrating. Anyway, enough, I hope this comes up on a google search so people are warned in future about them.

What checks did you undertake to establish the seller on Amazon was the site you ordered from?

Did you just type the Amazon Marketplace seller's name into Google & click on the first link?
fanpages19 m ago

What checks did you undertake to establish the seller on Amazon was the …What checks did you undertake to establish the seller on Amazon was the site you ordered from?Did you just type the Amazon Marketplace seller's name into Google & click on the first link?

Unique products not sold by any other retailer in UK and Visa verified card payment to same company name as given on Amazon. But how sure can anyone ever be? A site could just copy/clone details of course, but this is not the case and clearly not worth the trouble as items involved are not expensive, popular. They're not selling the latest flagship phones at unmatched prices. Clearly I should have called/emailed them in advance and conducted an interview....
fanpages27 m ago

What checks did you undertake to establish the seller on Amazon was the …What checks did you undertake to establish the seller on Amazon was the site you ordered from?Did you just type the Amazon Marketplace seller's name into Google & click on the first link?

elixeh8 m ago

Unique products not sold by any other retailer in UK and Visa verified …Unique products not sold by any other retailer in UK and Visa verified card payment to same company name as given on Amazon. But how sure can anyone ever be? A site could just copy/clone details of course, but this is not the case and clearly not worth the trouble as items involved are not expensive, popular. They're not selling the latest flagship phones at unmatched prices. Clearly I should have called/emailed them in advance and conducted an interview....

Well, perhaps checked a little further than you did. I feel sarcasm has crept into your closing sentence, but this is a valuable lesson; never spend more than you are willing to lose, especially when buying online from a seller you have never conducted business with previously.

The same Company name is easy to replicate, especially as Amazon Marketplace sellers can use any name they wish (well, within reason). Conversely, a bogus web site is easy to set-up using an already established name.

From a fraudster's point of view, popular items selling for relatively small amounts are easier to separate people from their money than unpopular items, or premium items, at high prices; simply because there are more people willing to spend low amounts.

Also, once ripped-off, if the amount is of negligible consequence to the punter, they are less likely to try to reclaim it (& draw attention to the scam in doing so).
Edited by: "fanpages" 4th Mar
fanpages26 m ago

Well, perhaps checked a little further than you did. I feel sarcasm has …Well, perhaps checked a little further than you did. I feel sarcasm has crept into your closing sentence, but this is a valuable lesson; never spend more than you are willing to lose, especially when buying online from a seller you have never conducted business with previously.The same Company name is easy to replicate, especially as Amazon Marketplace sellers can use any name they wish (well, within reason). Conversely, a bogus web site is easy to set-up using an already established name.From a fraudster's point of view, popular items selling for relatively small amounts are easier to separate people from their money than unpopular items, or premium items, at high prices; simply because there are more people willing to spend low amounts.Also, once ripped-off, if the amount is of negligible consequence to the punter, they are less likely to try to reclaim it (& draw attention to the scam in doing so).

You picked up on the sarcasm! Well done!

A little further how? As I have already told you this is NOT a copy, clone, replicate, bogus, or whatever else you want to call it site. It is the same seller sending used/return on direct channel but presumably based on good feedback new on Amazon. It is deceiving and poor selling practice, bait and switch, etc. but not the fraud/scam you are describing where I bought from someone purporting to be someone else or somewhere else. Based on your general "advice" people should only ever buy direct from major retailers like Amazon, Tesco, Argos. Well we may as well shut down HUKD then.

This will be my last comment on this matter, these patronising and accusatory replies are losing any sense of reality.
elixeh5 m ago

....This will be my last comment on this matter, these patronising and …....This will be my last comment on this matter, these patronising and accusatory replies are losing any sense of reality.

Your loss, then.

We may continue without you.

Feel free to continue reading, as you may learn something that could help you in the future.
elixeh1 h, 15 m ago

Why is it frustrating, what more should a buyer reasonably do before …Why is it frustrating, what more should a buyer reasonably do before making a purchase?

Simple. As I said, there's a reason when a website doesn't publish any proper contact details, and that's usually because they are crap and don't want you to be able to contact them easily.

I was under the impression that you bought from Amazon - I'm not sure you did now? If not, any checks I made about the seller on Amazon would have been instantly nullified by the lack of contact details on the main site, however good the reviews on Amazon were.

And nowhere in my post did I suggest that you should be checking Companies House etc. Just one check would be required from my point of view. Contact details. I'm not suggesting for a minute that if there were proper contact details, ie a phone number/email address, that that would be a guarantee that they were decent, but the lack of them is most definitely an indication that they are not.
Edited by: "deeky" 4th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants