Found 13th Feb 2011
Helloooo,

I am about to buy a Vaio VPC-Z12V9E.

However, just before I do, how much does everyone think this is worth?

Thanks!

Dean

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
9 Comments

Original Poster

Nobody?

Personally, I think its just far too expensive than it should - just because its a 'Sony'.
If I had that budget, I'd go for an Alienware where I could customize the looks and specs to my expectations - although there are only 11.6' / 15" / 17" models to consider.

Other than that, I'd go for the tablet PCs.
To be able to spend that much money, its worth buying something 'more' than just a laptop.

Original Poster

Thanks for your input... Still no suggestion on how much you think it's worth though? I could get one for £1000 second hand

obriendean

Thanks for your input... Still no suggestion on how much you think it's … Thanks for your input... Still no suggestion on how much you think it's worth though? I could get one for £1000 second hand

If I were you I will go for it at 1000 pounds. Not sure, though, if you are buying it for the brand (Sony) or the specs as from what we are aware prices of I7 laptops with SSD will be coming down in the Lenovo X range as well

What do you need it for, it's a lot of money for something you may not really need, the laptops around £400-500 wil do most stuff.

Original Poster

I heavily use my laptop, granted not on demanding programs but I'd like to have a super quick laptop that's also portable for Uni

And this lenovo x, how much do you think for a similar spec?

Well a dual core £300-£500 should be able to do anything you ask quite quick, save yourself about £600 and a laptop in the price range i mentioned will be fine. A laptop will also only be as quick as you look after it, such as regular deleting of non-needed files, bit of cleaning, not too many programs, not many processs, no virusus etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sapphire RX 480 or GTX 1060 founders edition11
    2. Foo fighters presale code.3537
    3. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…1118
    4. THOMSON TUI 2 CRUISE PROBLEM - ANY HELP APPRECIATED22

See more discussions